Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SOT - 1st time a Porsche has left me stranded :-(
GaroldShaffer
post Jan 29 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

A little OT. I drive my 88 944 NA with 71K miles everyday, rain, shine, or snow. I have to drive once a week to the office in Arlington Hts IL (approx 80 miles one way) and today was the day. For those that know Chicagoland I made it to mile marker 38.5 near Ohare Airport on North I294 when, while stuck in stop and go traffic, I smelled that antifreeze smell and thought someone is running hot. Checked my temp guage and #!@#$@#$! its me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) made it to the shoulder and shut it off. I didn't really get to check out the problem, but could see antifreeze leaking towards the front of the engine. I think the thermal switch for the cooling fans may have went bad which caused the car to overheat and blow a hose (I hope). Only reason I think it is the thermal switch is the cooling fans were not runnnig when I shut the car off.

Anyway *999 works real well. State Police sent a flatbed and my 944 is now in a tow yard in franklin park. I took a cab to O'hare, got a rental car and continued to the main office. I went back to O'hare and return the rental (Kia Spectra (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) ) and caught the regional bus back home. I will go up either tomorrow (depends on this winter storm) or thursday with the truck and trailer and bring her home. I had to laugh, my little adventure today made me think of that movie with Steve Martin & John Candy Planes, trains & automobiles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 02:33 AM