Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good Day to be a 914 Lover, 1973 1.7 Out in the Country!!
rebelmdot
post Jan 31 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #1

914ini

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,625
Region Association: South East States

Well I am happy to report that my renewed enthusiasm for my 914 could not have come at a better time. On my way to work, I made a slight detour down a very narrow country road (it was paved though), and lo and behold, a white 1973 1.7 was sitting in a guys yard. It is obvious that it has been sitting for sometime, but I only saw minimal rust. No one was home, but I am hoping that by leaving my name and number that I will have another 914 in my stable by this evening!! I will keep you posted and put up some pics if I get it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 1 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Jan 31 2008, 09:53 AM) *

Well I am happy to report that my renewed enthusiasm for my 914 could not have come at a better time. On my way to work, I made a slight detour down a very narrow country road (it was paved though), and lo and behold, a white 1973 1.7 was sitting in a guys yard. It is obvious that it has been sitting for sometime, but I only saw minimal rust. No one was home, but I am hoping that by leaving my name and number that I will have another 914 in my stable by this evening!! I will keep you posted and put up some pics if I get it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

and?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Andy

PS: i still want to know more about your car ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Feb 1 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
rebelmdot
post Feb 1 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #4

914ini

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 1 2008, 01:20 PM) *

and?

PS: i still want to know more about your car ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Jury is still out, but the pot just got a little sweeter. The guy that I left the note for called me back this morning. He not only has the white 1973 1.7 (not running, but I think easily fixable and back on the road in 48 hours if it becomes mine. Sat for a while), but also has a 1975 or 1976 (He didn't say) 2.0 (Currently not running) and selling them is a package deal. I offered $1500.00 and he said he is thinking about it and would call me by Monday. Cross your fingers. Thanks for checking back, and I will keep you posted.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rebelmdot
post Feb 2 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #5

914ini

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 1 2008, 01:20 PM) *

and?

GOT EM!!!! Picking one up in a couple of hours. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
rebelmdot
post Feb 2 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #6

914ini

QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Feb 1 2008, 02:46 PM) *

GOT EM!!! Picking one up in a couple of hours!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:02 AM