Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Day to be a 914 Lover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rebelmdot
Well I am happy to report that my renewed enthusiasm for my 914 could not have come at a better time. On my way to work, I made a slight detour down a very narrow country road (it was paved though), and lo and behold, a white 1973 1.7 was sitting in a guys yard. It is obvious that it has been sitting for sometime, but I only saw minimal rust. No one was home, but I am hoping that by leaving my name and number that I will have another 914 in my stable by this evening!! I will keep you posted and put up some pics if I get it. w00t.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Jan 31 2008, 09:53 AM) *

Well I am happy to report that my renewed enthusiasm for my 914 could not have come at a better time. On my way to work, I made a slight detour down a very narrow country road (it was paved though), and lo and behold, a white 1973 1.7 was sitting in a guys yard. It is obvious that it has been sitting for sometime, but I only saw minimal rust. No one was home, but I am hoping that by leaving my name and number that I will have another 914 in my stable by this evening!! I will keep you posted and put up some pics if I get it. w00t.gif

and?

smile.gif Andy

PS: i still want to know more about your car ... rolleyes.gif
jonferns
popcorn[1].gif
rebelmdot
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 1 2008, 01:20 PM) *

and?

smile.gif Andy

Jury is still out, but the pot just got a little sweeter. The guy that I left the note for called me back this morning. He not only has the white 1973 1.7 (not running, but I think easily fixable and back on the road in 48 hours if it becomes mine. Sat for a while), but also has a 1975 or 1976 (He didn't say) 2.0 (Currently not running) and selling them is a package deal. I offered $1500.00 and he said he is thinking about it and would call me by Monday. Cross your fingers. Thanks for checking back, and I will keep you posted.
beerchug.gif
rebelmdot
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 1 2008, 01:20 PM) *

and?

smile.gif Andy

GOT EM!!!! Picking one up in a couple of hours. driving-girl.gif
rebelmdot
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Feb 1 2008, 02:46 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

GOT EM!!! Picking one up in a couple of hours!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.