Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What boxster/996 calipers are these?
Bigbohr
post Feb 1 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Superlurker

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,176

These were advertised as rear 996 or Boxster S calipers but I'm not sure they actually are because they don't fit over a 996 rotor. Can anybody tell me what calipers these are?

Before I bought them I figured they were 996 calipers since i think the boxster S ones are painted red. The part number on the caliper is 996.352.421 and 422.

I tried to slide them over a new 996 rotor and they don't fit. The spacing between the pad retainer pins (or whatever they are called) is too small - see the white mark on the first pic attached below. The boxster S has a 24mm thick rotor just like the 996 so i assume these do not come from a boxster S either. I don't have a boxster S disc so this is only an assumption based on rotor nominal specs (24mm thickness).

The calipers can easily fit over 20mm thick rotors but I thought that the standard boxster calipers had a 986 part number.

If anybody can tell me what these calipers are I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks
John

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
neo914-6
post Feb 1 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #2

neo life

Group: Members
Member No.: 159

Long time John,

Here's what Rich Johnson told me: Boxster S fronts "should" be red with Part # 996.351.425.11 and 426.11.

My Boxster S calipers's were black with #'s 996.351.425 and 996.351.426 w/o the .11 which may be the difference in color. I was told by the seller the 996 are the same which makes sense with the first set of numbers.

Rich set me up with standard Boxster calipers with Carrera rotors which are 24mm. I abandoned using the S's because there were proven mounts already available for the non-S.

Here's detailed info I just Googled. Yours are rear calipers...

BTW, Rich told me you don't need the "pricey" retainers.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 06:44 PM