Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weber Carb Rebuild Kit?
rebelmdot
post Feb 7 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #1

914ini

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,625
Region Association: South East States

Besides online, anyone know where my best bet on getting a Rebuild kit for a Weber 32/36 DGV 5A would be?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
geniusanthony
post Feb 7 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #2

Its a brand new "Chrome-sicle"

Member No.: 5,266
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I want to say that carb was the standard unit on Pintos and Capris in 1971. I wanna say those were 2 liter models. but I would check your FLAPS first. And take the carb with you to check that they hand you an appropriate kit. Aso there may be a Bug shop in your neck of the woods.

FLAPS= Friendly Local Auto Parts Store

Also in the extremely unlikely event that this has not come up yet, single carbs suck on a flat 4. the runners are too long, fuel puddles, etccc...
could probably locate on our classifieds here, the samba, ebay, a set of two weber 40 IDF carbs with manifolds, linkage and aircleaners for ~$400.

in the meantime, yes you can rebuild your 32/36dfav, but if it runs ok. you may not need a rebuild.
+Quote Post
rebelmdot
post Feb 8 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #3

914ini

Member No.: 8,625
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Feb 7 2008, 04:30 PM) *

I want to say that carb was the standard unit on Pintos and Capris in 1971. I wanna say those were 2 liter models. but I would check your FLAPS first. And take the carb with you to check that they hand you an appropriate kit. Aso there may be a Bug shop in your neck of the woods.

FLAPS= Friendly Local Auto Parts Store

Also in the extremely unlikely event that this has not come up yet, single carbs suck on a flat 4. the runners are too long, fuel puddles, etccc...
could probably locate on our classifieds here, the samba, ebay, a set of two weber 40 IDF carbs with manifolds, linkage and aircleaners for ~$400.

in the meantime, yes you can rebuild your 32/36dfav, but if it runs ok. you may not need a rebuild.

Got it running after a 2nd thorough cleaning last night. Can you elaborate on the 40 IDF carbs, would the estimate of 400 include everything that I need to convert to dual carbs. What additional performance would I see? Thanks.
+Quote Post
purple
post Feb 8 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #4

Pigeon feeders attract me

Member No.: 7,942
Region Association: None

I just put dual weber 40 IDF's on my car last weekend.

If you want a reliable setup....plan on over 1000.

If you want very likely leaky carbs....under 400 should do it.

The ebay carbs I'm pretty sure you're thinking about have been shown by jake raby to be of very questionable quality and have porous castings, off-round bores, messed up throttle plates, etc.

I got a set of weber 40 IDF's from jake's store and i just put them right on and they RUN!

I had a weber32/36 and it was a joke of a carb. the 40's will, from what i've heard here, make your car run like a scalded dog. tuning will be interesting, but that's a different discussion.

right now i'm trying to figure out how to hook the linkage to the throttle cable...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:09 AM