Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber Carb Rebuild Kit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rebelmdot
Besides online, anyone know where my best bet on getting a Rebuild kit for a Weber 32/36 DGV 5A would be?
geniusanthony
I want to say that carb was the standard unit on Pintos and Capris in 1971. I wanna say those were 2 liter models. but I would check your FLAPS first. And take the carb with you to check that they hand you an appropriate kit. Aso there may be a Bug shop in your neck of the woods.

FLAPS= Friendly Local Auto Parts Store

Also in the extremely unlikely event that this has not come up yet, single carbs suck on a flat 4. the runners are too long, fuel puddles, etccc...
could probably locate on our classifieds here, the samba, ebay, a set of two weber 40 IDF carbs with manifolds, linkage and aircleaners for ~$400.

in the meantime, yes you can rebuild your 32/36dfav, but if it runs ok. you may not need a rebuild.
rebelmdot
QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Feb 7 2008, 04:30 PM) *

I want to say that carb was the standard unit on Pintos and Capris in 1971. I wanna say those were 2 liter models. but I would check your FLAPS first. And take the carb with you to check that they hand you an appropriate kit. Aso there may be a Bug shop in your neck of the woods.

FLAPS= Friendly Local Auto Parts Store

Also in the extremely unlikely event that this has not come up yet, single carbs suck on a flat 4. the runners are too long, fuel puddles, etccc...
could probably locate on our classifieds here, the samba, ebay, a set of two weber 40 IDF carbs with manifolds, linkage and aircleaners for ~$400.

in the meantime, yes you can rebuild your 32/36dfav, but if it runs ok. you may not need a rebuild.

Got it running after a 2nd thorough cleaning last night. Can you elaborate on the 40 IDF carbs, would the estimate of 400 include everything that I need to convert to dual carbs. What additional performance would I see? Thanks.
purple
I just put dual weber 40 IDF's on my car last weekend.

If you want a reliable setup....plan on over 1000.

If you want very likely leaky carbs....under 400 should do it.

The ebay carbs I'm pretty sure you're thinking about have been shown by jake raby to be of very questionable quality and have porous castings, off-round bores, messed up throttle plates, etc.

I got a set of weber 40 IDF's from jake's store and i just put them right on and they RUN!

I had a weber32/36 and it was a joke of a carb. the 40's will, from what i've heard here, make your car run like a scalded dog. tuning will be interesting, but that's a different discussion.

right now i'm trying to figure out how to hook the linkage to the throttle cable...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.