Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Color Opinions Please, Repainting for eventual resale
sdinse
post Jan 9 2004, 03:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,538

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Due to failing paint(about 12 years now), I am about to repaint my 74 914 2.0 which is currently Cobalt Blue. In the not too distant future I will be selling this car, so I want to accommodate the prospective buyer as much as I can. The previous owner had painted it this color over the original Saturn Yellow. There is always a bit of the original color showing here and there. Change of color jobs that are successful really require a lot of disassembly and the PO clearly didn't go that route.

My options are:

1. Return it to the original Saturn Yellow. This is not MY favorite color, but someone else must like it. Just how popular is this color?

2. Just paint it the most popular color and try to get most of the not-so-hidden areas covered. I really don't want to pull out the engine/trans and interior, but will most likely pull the front and rear glass so the seals can be renewed. This will allow painting of the most visible place that shows the change of color from original - looking through the rear glass bottom where it still shows the original paint. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

BTW, what do you think the most sought after color IS for a 914? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon14.gif)

3. Spend a LOT of money and time pulling it apart for a proper change of color paint job. Obviously, this is my least desireable option.

TIA,
Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 07:58 PM