Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New AA Catalog, Any one get theirs??
r_towle
post Feb 8 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #21

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

I think that the catalog is posted here somewhere in PDF format (By George) so you can look at it online, or at work, or even on an airplane..so you wont feel left out.

George never sent me one of the paper ones, but Geez...hes got a business to run, not a charity.

It costs $1.00 minimum to mail out 30k catalogs, and a whole lot more to get them printed...
This investment has not been made by ANY other vendor...

Rich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve Thacker
post Feb 8 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #22

UMMMPH Yea Baby Yea ! UMMMPH

Member No.: 113
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Yes I got one, but the ole lady threw the damn thing out by mistake!!!!!!
That was the holy grail !!!!
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Feb 8 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 226
Region Association: None

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Feb 8 2008, 07:42 AM) *

I ordered one about two months ago or so and it has not shown up, but I am guessing it was sent surface mail cause that is the cheapest way to ship and it usually takes 10 weeks or so to arrive from the US to Japan.....one thing for sure is I need lots of stuff. (Hint Hint George!Send me a catalog, I also have a couple of 914 friends here too)

Byron!!?? Is that you from VBMX? Its me Jamie! Remember me??? How's it going? Cheers dude!

Yes Jamie, it is me!! So how is Japan dude???
As you see, the bodywork is now done, but with the move from the other shop, a bunch of stuff is "misplaced" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
What bikes are you playing with??
+Quote Post
Steve Thacker
post Feb 9 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #24

UMMMPH Yea Baby Yea ! UMMMPH

Member No.: 113

Yesss Frieeends I havvvah beee-in redeeemed. Prazeah the lord and pass the collection plate, uh cought...in the directshun of George.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Let me be reemooved from mah savings and drive the ole lady into the bug house from mah spend'in....heehee
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Feb 9 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #25

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I will NOT send it out for free to anyone!!!!!!

I REFUSE to put wood in the stove!!!!!! (until that damn thing gives me some heat)

George... you seem to be stuck in this mentality. You lost me as a customer over a $4.13 cent heater cable (that wasn't a heater cable... it's still in the top of my tool box as a reminder) that you yourself wouldn't take back. "We sent you what you ordered." is what I heard coming from the other end of the phone. I just wanted a product credit. I've restored 3 cars since then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

How about Paul who's building his car in front of the nation in Excellence. What was that; a M/C or somthing like that?? Quoted by someone who answered your phone?? If I recall you even went so far as to denigrate her on a public forum by saying "She's just a secretary" instead of eating what $20-30 bucks in good will (and good common marketing sense, and future profits and...) by simply selling Paul the piece at the price he was quoted. I'm fairly certain that elicited the ole MS Word "Search and Replace" feature in any of Paul's future writings.

How about T.C.? You tried to sell him back some used parts he sold you the day before for "double" and wouldn't budge. You wonder why he's so bitter and won't accept your offers to "chat"? Have you seen his latest project? Looks costly to me... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Tripping over dollars while desperatly seeking pennies.
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Feb 9 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #26

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

I am with Eric.

I do care quite a bit about the quality of my work, and do not have a problem spending money on my cars. Last year I spend quite a tidy sum (for me at least) on new parts for my car (we have 2 more too), and could find everything from other vendors.

Why would anyone want to buy from someone who won't give them the courtesy of a free catalog even after they ask on a 914-only site? It seems quite petty to me. Obviosuly the potential profits from customers must outweight the catalog costs.

BTW: I believe I have quite a good sense of humor, but for me humor doesn't enter into this discussion. I have noticed from your writing that while you maybe typing with a tongue-in-cheek tone in your head it really doesn't come out so well to those who don't know you.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Feb 9 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 9 2008, 10:40 AM) *

I will NOT send it out for free to anyone!!!!!!

I REFUSE to put wood in the stove!!!!!! (until that damn thing gives me some heat)

George... you seem to be stuck in this mentality. You lost me as a customer over a $4.13 cent heater cable (that wasn't a heater cable... it's still in the top of my tool box as a reminder) that you yourself wouldn't take back. "We sent you what you ordered." is what I heard coming from the other end of the phone. I just wanted a product credit. I've restored 3 cars since then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

How about Paul who's building his car in front of the nation in Excellence. What was that; a M/C or somthing like that?? Quoted by someone who answered your phone?? If I recall you even went so far as to denigrate her on a public forum by saying "She's just a secretary" instead of eating what $20-30 bucks in good will (and good common marketing sense, and future profits and...) by simply selling Paul the piece at the price he was quoted. I'm fairly certain that elicited the ole MS Word "Search and Replace" feature in any of Paul's future writings.

How about T.C.? You tried to sell him back some used parts he sold you the day before for "double" and wouldn't budge. You wonder why he's so bitter and won't accept your offers to "chat"? Have you seen his latest project? Looks costly to me... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Tripping over dollars while desperatly seeking pennies.

I was going by the offer he made on this site, then because he didn't have me listed on his list of 914 owners, I was purged, point, he made an offer on this site I like others responded, and as a long time 914 owner, was willing to give him another chance, only to be told
Byron we did not have you one the list as owning a 914 that is why you missed the mailout!!!! Sorry. We paid R.L. Polk to merge purge our list to make sure that all of the addresses were correct as not to waste ONE catalog, and they did a good job! Only 36 catalogs came back.

Yet, when he posted here, he clearly stated just give your info, and I have owned a 914, even if just a track car since the 80s.
What George saying now, isn't what he said when he made the offer.
He changed the rules (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Will he honor what he offered at first?? Doesn't look lkike like, he has said he knew of the request, and refused them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Feb 9 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #28

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Sad. What George has done for the 914 world is a great thing, but the business side sucks. I order a lot of things from performance and paragon because of this. Odd how every order I receive they include a full catalog.

BTW George, I love the catalog you put out and thank you for this one.
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Feb 9 2008, 05:53 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482

The catalog thing has been going on forever, and many of us are old enough to remember that you always sent a couple of bucks to get a catalog, usually with a credit against your first order.

These things have to cost a fortune to print, and certainly to send out these days. I am amazed at how many still come regularly, and I have to think that some companies have to be charging too much to pay for all the printing/delivery costs. How many of you get a new Groit's Garage catalog every other week? I like their products and order occasionally, but nowhere near what it's got to cost to produce all these catalogs. The internet posting of the information is what we really need, and makes a whole lot more sense than piles and piles of catalogs. When I start going through my old bookshelves and finding catalogs from Electrodyne, Beach Boys Racing, Automotion, Tweeks, Imparts, etc.< all I see is how many of these companies have gone by the wayside.

In a specialty market we need to support our suppliers, be it Auto Atlanta, the Bird Boys, GPR, or whoever your favorite is. With time you'll keep seeing more and more disappearing if we don't. We use the internet all the time to communicate, what's wrong with getting parts that way as well and perhaps save a few trees along the way?
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Feb 9 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Feb 9 2008, 03:53 PM) *

The catalog thing has been going on forever, and many of us are old enough to remember that you always sent a couple of bucks to get a catalog, usually with a credit against your first order.

These things have to cost a fortune to print, and certainly to send out these days. I am amazed at how many still come regularly, and I have to think that some companies have to be charging too much to pay for all the printing/delivery costs. How many of you get a new Groit's Garage catalog every other week? I like their products and order occasionally, but nowhere near what it's got to cost to produce all these catalogs. The internet posting of the information is what we really need, and makes a whole lot more sense than piles and piles of catalogs. When I start going through my old bookshelves and finding catalogs from Electrodyne, Beach Boys Racing, Automotion, Tweeks, Imparts, etc.< all I see is how many of these companies have gone by the wayside.

In a specialty market we need to support our suppliers, be it Auto Atlanta, the Bird Boys, GPR, or whoever your favorite is. With time you'll keep seeing more and more disappearing if we don't. We use the internet all the time to communicate, what's wrong with getting parts that way as well and perhaps save a few trees along the way?

I'm by no means a newby, but when someone makes an offer, in a public forum, they shopuld honor it. Don't offer something that you don't plan on honoring. It just turns out tha since so many small bits turned up missing on my 914-6GT project, that I wanmted to start ordering parts or kit right away, like the gasket kits that AJUSA offer for 911s(which I've ordered a few of) and if a hardwarew hit was offered, I was ready, AMX in hand, to order to get my project rolling. But to be told that I was purged (from an offer made on this site, that didn't list any limits) didn't sit well with me, and to be told, after being offered the catalog for free, that I don't get one, well, you get the picture. All anyone has to do to see what I'm doing with my 914-6GT project is look at my blog, aND i STILL HAVE MY 76 914 WHICH IS JUST AS IMPORTANT TO ME to build up. Both these cars have very important meaning to me, meaning that I'm not taking short cuts to do them right.
+Quote Post
xperu
post Feb 9 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #31

TEXAS

Member No.: 6,213

I got my catalog, thanks George, it is really really nice; I'm making a list. Thanks again George. Mike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
mack914-6
post Feb 10 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 8,388

AA catalogs on evilbay for $6.00. I didn't look to see who was selling them or if that included shipping. But here's your chance to support 2 of your favorite characters in the 914 world...
By the way I did recieve mine, but have purchased a number of times from AA over the years.

Mack (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:45 PM