Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Advice on rear springs and ride height, 100 pound springs...level. higher?
computers4kids
post Feb 18 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

The 75 914 that I'm working on had a sagging rear end before I pulled the engine and started restoring the car.

My goal is to restore it to stock height. Currently, it has stock boge (sp) shocks and linear springs with green markings...should be stock from what I have read...65 lbs?

I also have a set of KYB adjustable gas shocks and linears springs with green on them that came with a parts lot I picked-up last year that appear to be in good shape, but who knows.

Since springs control the height, I presume the stock springs that came off the 75 are shot.

If I purchase a set of springs, it seems I see a lot of "100" pound springs being sold as the ticket for stock. But...I have also read this will raise the rear higher than stock, which is what I don't want...I want level. I am not an ax-er.

What spring should I use? Where is a good source? I want to choose the correct application and be done with it. The tub is still bare (no engine or exhaust) so can't just experiment.
Thanks,
Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:53 AM