Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice on rear springs and ride height
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
The 75 914 that I'm working on had a sagging rear end before I pulled the engine and started restoring the car.

My goal is to restore it to stock height. Currently, it has stock boge (sp) shocks and linear springs with green markings...should be stock from what I have read...65 lbs?

I also have a set of KYB adjustable gas shocks and linears springs with green on them that came with a parts lot I picked-up last year that appear to be in good shape, but who knows.

Since springs control the height, I presume the stock springs that came off the 75 are shot.

If I purchase a set of springs, it seems I see a lot of "100" pound springs being sold as the ticket for stock. But...I have also read this will raise the rear higher than stock, which is what I don't want...I want level. I am not an ax-er.

What spring should I use? Where is a good source? I want to choose the correct application and be done with it. The tub is still bare (no engine or exhaust) so can't just experiment.
Thanks,
Mark
jesiv
popcorn[1].gif

Same year and asking the same questions.. Also, does the 1.8 and 2.0 have the same springs?

James
Borderline
I think the 100# springs are designed for the "correct" ride ht. I have a set of original springs that came off my car that I believe are in good shape. You can have them for the cost of shipping (assuming I can find them). I believe the springs are the same for 1.7,1.8,2.0.
computers4kids
If you have 100s in the back...do you sit level?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.