Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Now, to tune the weber 40 IDF
purple
post Feb 21 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Pigeon feeders attract me

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,942
Region Association: None

I know it's been rehashed over and over again....

I have some questions on how to do it after futzing around in the garage trying to make SOMETHING happen.

I followed the carb clinic instructions to the T and I think something is adjusted wrong... Maybe you guys can help.

I have the idle speed screws to 1/2 turn past first contact with the arms

linkage disconnected

air bypass screws all the way shut.

all mixture screws out 1.5 turns

it'll start and run (slowly) and it'll get to what i think is around 450 rpm or something. really slow..

the only way I can get it to idle at 450 or so is by having the mixture screws in pretty far. two cylinders dont even react past a certain point! i can have them all the way in (lightly) and the engine doesnt change its note at all!

Please ask me questions so I can give the right info. I've never done this before but i'd like to believe these arent fiddly carbs.

When they say the engine should 'speed up' is it a really noticeable change? because mine's so subtle as to be not affected.

please help guys!

these are brand new carbs from jake's store. I have the box that says what the jetting is. i'll post that soon.

what are 'jets' and what do they do?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:18 PM