Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: New Yob!, I'm excited!
BMXerror
post Feb 24 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,842

Well, one more week destroying boxes for UPS and then it's off into the wonderful world of machining. I just got a job at Penco Precision in Fontana, CA. They are a low production, high precision job shop that does parts MOSTLY for the aerospace and medical industries. I've been going to school for the past year learning the trade, as neither I nor anyone in my family have any machining background. This new job will pay okay to start, and they will train me and I'll be able to move up to a pretty good living eventually. (can anyone say CNC programmer?) They also have medical benefits and paid time off yada yada yada..., and my shop foreman seems like a really easy guy to work with. I'll also learn to work with Titanium alloys and Inconels, which could be very helpful in the future.
This is a big boost for me because it's something that I decided to go for with no influence from anyone else. I'm starting to see results of what I can accomplish on my own. Of course, it doesn't end with machining. I want to immediately go for my Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, so I'll basically be going to school for the rest of my life (or so it feels like right now). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I have no idea when I'm going to have time to play with my 914, but I'll make time. The only regret I have is that I didn't start this sooner.
Now I know how Brando felt a few months back. How's the new job workin out so far Brando?
Mark D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:57 PM