Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Heinrich Klie's 914 restored, Father of the 914
johannes
post Feb 28 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Club Porsche 914 France President

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,409
Region Association: France

I found two webpages created by the person who owns Klie's 914 and the original 1/5 model.
Heinrich Klie is the guy who actually designed the 914 and the Fuchs wheel ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

http://www.vw-porsche-914-club-westfalen.de/schlu1.htm

http://www.vw-porsche-914-club-westfalen.de/schlu2.htm

I know one who will translate theese pages for those who don't read french german

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Want to learn more about Klie ? read the Mythbuster thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51265

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
akellym
post Feb 28 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Eyes Of The Deep Battle

Member No.: 2,395
Region Association: Northstar Region

This is what I come up with....

My infinite 914 history (part of 1 1999) as I at the beginning of the 90's after long starting time as 914 fan to my first restoration object, did not know I came yet that this was the at the beginning of a long history. After I delivered center 1993 my meanwhile second 914 building site due to the no longer existing spare time (sideline study) to Dutch enthusiasts, I thought that war`s, but it should come differently. Already 14 days later I discovered with a stay in Munich on the occasion of a hospitalization of my youngest son, an interesting sales announcement 914 in the old timers market. The reference of the salesman to the history of the vehicle let me listen attentively. It was the car of the 914 of designer Heinrich Klie, from the year of construction 1971 with Erstzulassung 1974. The car had to exhibit some characteristics, which it probably as unique piece to represent, so e.g. a changed instrument panel (see into "large Volkswagen Porsche the book" page 25). The vehicle served from 1971 to 1974 in the Design design-Studio from Porsche to study purposes and by Mr. Klie privately was then taken over. Of course I took the car then also with home. Unfortunately a tear in the left prevented me! Rear axle admission to a summer to further 914 drive. In me remaining spare time during the study I tried then, everything over "mean" 914 to experience. Of the Porsche Classic GmbH I experienced that Mr. Klie lived his well-deserved retirement somewhere "in the area Goettingen". A search over the telephone CD finally brought end to 1997 desired success, from approx.. 20 Klie's was natural the last correct. Mr. Klie appeared very pleased that still its it existed to 914 (whom he had continued to give to 1983 at his nephews). After some telephone and brieflichen contacts I visited then the childless family Heinrich Klie in Goettingen. I was received cordially from both and it began an active maintenance over the 914, the companies Porsche and the work of the Mr. Klie. Absolute coronation/culmination of my attendance with the Klie's was i.e. a gift of Mr. Klie to me, a 1:5 model 914 of a study (see in "large Volkswagen Porsche the book" page 22) from the Porsche Design studio. With two further attendance the contact was intensified, so that I beside many Insiderinformationen also still some at documents e.g. old Porsche Christopherus of booklets and rare Maerklin 1:43 models given got. Unfortunately Mrs. Klie in the late summer deceased 1998, Mr. Klie followed it in the spring 1999 at the gesegneten age of 85. I remember still today gladly the nice and informal Zusammensein with the family Klie! In the meantime the "Klie is 914" with me in work and the drawers also restored parts becomes ever fuller, but it will last probably still another whole time, until it is to be seen again on the road, because occupation and particularly my family stand in the first place. Norbert Schlueter email back to (homepage) (contact contacts) (left lists) (meetings /Termine) (stories approximately around the 914er) (request for membership)
+Quote Post
akellym
post Feb 28 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Eyes Of The Deep Battle

Member No.: 2,395
Region Association: Northstar Region

and the 2nd one... I'm sure this is not the best translation!

My infinite 914 history (part of 1 1999) as I at the beginning of the 90's after long starting time as 914 fan to my first restoration object, did not know I came yet that this was the at the beginning of a long history. After I delivered center 1993 my meanwhile second 914 building site due to the no longer existing spare time (sideline study) to Dutch enthusiasts, I thought that war`s, but it should come differently. Already 14 days later I discovered with a stay in Munich on the occasion of a hospitalization of my youngest son, an interesting sales announcement 914 in the old timers market. The reference of the salesman to the history of the vehicle let me listen attentively. It was the car of the 914 of designer Heinrich Klie, from the year of construction 1971 with Erstzulassung 1974. The car had to exhibit some characteristics, which it probably as unique piece to represent, so e.g. a changed instrument panel (see into "large Volkswagen Porsche the book" page 25). The vehicle served from 1971 to 1974 in the Design design-Studio from Porsche to study purposes and by Mr. Klie privately was then taken over. Of course I took the car then also with home. Unfortunately a tear in the left prevented me! Rear axle admission to a summer to further 914 drive. In me remaining spare time during the study I tried then, everything over "mean" 914 to experience. Of the Porsche Classic GmbH I experienced that Mr. Klie lived his well-deserved retirement somewhere "in the area Goettingen". A search over the telephone CD finally brought end to 1997 desired success, from approx.. 20 Klie's was natural the last correct. Mr. Klie appeared very pleased that still its it existed to 914 (whom he had continued to give to 1983 at his nephews). After some telephone and brieflichen contacts I visited then the childless family Heinrich Klie in Goettingen. I was received cordially from both and it began an active maintenance over the 914, the companies Porsche and the work of the Mr. Klie. Absolute coronation/culmination of my attendance with the Klie's was i.e. a gift of Mr. Klie to me, a 1:5 model 914 of a study (see in "large Volkswagen Porsche the book" page 22) from the Porsche Design studio. With two further attendance the contact was intensified, so that I beside many Insiderinformationen also still some at documents e.g. old Porsche Christopherus of booklets and rare Maerklin 1:43 models given got. Unfortunately Mrs. Klie in the late summer deceased 1998, Mr. Klie followed it in the spring 1999 at the gesegneten age of 85. I remember still today gladly the nice and informal Zusammensein with the family Klie! In the meantime the "Klie is 914" with me in work and the drawers also restored parts becomes ever fuller, but it will last probably still another whole time, until it is to be seen again on the road, because occupation and particularly my family stand in the first place. Norbert Schlueter email back to (homepage) (contact contacts) (left lists) (meetings /Termine) (stories approximately around the 914er) my infinite one I would like to give now an interim report to 914 history (part of 2 2003) after I already reported 914 forum in the expenditure 12/99 of my beginnings in the 914 scene, to the best one, because an end of history is not yet in view. As I 1997 after now the finally terminated end of workday study the body of the Klie 914 exactly examined again became fast clear me, which lined up here a complete restoration. For "practicing" I procured myself thus a sheet metal dress already welded, Bj. 1974 2.0L, which I wanted to complete with the many parts, which I already possessed from several slaughtered 914. (in the picture radiated 914 on the rotary stand) it showed up however very fast, which still some corners had to be after-welded and done over again, whereby club colleague Michael Schweer supported me energetically. In an evening and a night action the complete interior and Unterboden in a large painting cab of my employer were then primed, gefuellert again and painted finally in the original colour sun-yellow. (the maskinged with tape body before applying permanent elastic falling rocks) now the assembly could take place beginning with the drawing in of the wiring harness. (in the foreground my son yokes controls a contriving of the wiring harness) some main building groups such as axles and steering element were fast installed again with the support by club colleagues. (here kneel the club chairman ehrfuerchtig before the shining body) few one the working
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Mar 1 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #4

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(akellym @ Feb 28 2008, 03:07 PM) *

I'm sure this is not the best translation!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

i think i'll email norbert and ask him if it's ok to translate his article and post it here ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
DEC
post Mar 1 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,104
Region Association: Germany

In this thread we see what Norbert had.

The Klie 914 is still waiting for a restauration
+Quote Post
johannes
post Mar 1 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #6

You are right. The Klie 914 is still waiting for a restauration. I misunderstood. The first link is not the Klie car but another one he restored for self education purpose.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 31 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #7

Resident German

QUOTE(DEC @ Mar 1 2008, 02:11 PM) *

In these thread we see what Norbert has.

Wilco,
any updates on the restoration of Klie's 914 ???
+Quote Post
SGB
post Aug 1 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #8

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

I love this kind of information. Thanks!
+Quote Post
DEC
post Jan 30 2013, 05:33 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 1 2008, 03:54 AM) *

QUOTE(DEC @ Mar 1 2008, 02:11 PM) *

In this thread we see what Norbert had.

Wilco,
any updates on the restoration of Klie's 914 ???

Now after a lot of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
the "Klie 914" is ready for the outside paint (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I will keep you updated
+Quote Post
johannes
post Jan 30 2013, 08:37 AM
Post #10

Hi Wilco ! Those are great news. I can't wait to see that car on the road again ! ...

+Quote Post
niner
post Jan 30 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 15,374
Region Association: None

Original pages translated: Page 1 Page 2 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jan 30 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Fantastic! What a bonus that it's Signal Orange, one of the great colors!
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 30 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #13

Resident German

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
laflaur
post Jan 30 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 6,186

Very cool ,loooks great.
Whats with the white nose and black tail paint scheme?
+Quote Post
johannes
post Jan 30 2013, 02:47 PM
Post #15

Is this car a prototype or does it have a very early VIN ?

+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 30 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #16

Resident German

QUOTE(johannes @ Jan 30 2013, 12:47 PM) *
Is this car a prototype or does it have a very early VIN ?

No, i have to dig through my notes, but i believe it was build on a '71 chassis.

This was a in-house test mule used by Klie to try out new ideas.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
DEC
post Jan 31 2013, 02:49 AM
Post #17

Take a look at
> MYTHBUSTERS: Did Gugelot really design the 914?

here you find a lot of specials for the Klie 914, also the VIN and other
modified or different parts of this car incl. the check control system
+Quote Post
DEC
post Jan 31 2013, 04:16 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(laflaur @ Jan 30 2013, 09:45 PM) *

Very cool ,loooks great.
Whats with the white nose and black tail paint scheme?

The front white is a primer
The black at the rear is like the car was original
+Quote Post
DEC
post Mar 25 2013, 02:06 AM
Post #19

The assembling phase is started.....

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
johannes
post Mar 25 2013, 06:10 AM
Post #20

Excellent ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 01:18 AM