Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need track data, For my senior Project
i love porsche
post Feb 28 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,030
Region Association: North East States

Hey all

Im looking for some help, I need track data acquisition data for my senior project. I am trying to determine the stresses and loads in a stock 914 control arm right now, and Im looking for data on maximum cornering loads, max braking loads etc. If you have this data from your car, and you are willing to share, please let me know. I really appreciate it

Thanks

Aaron
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drew365
post Feb 28 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #2

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

How do you want data? I've had a G2X system in my 914 track car. Everything is off the GPS readings, I don't have any sensors. I usually look at the data files after an event while my mind is fresh on details about each run session, then I put them on a CD and keep them in a box. The electronic data files wouldn't do you any good without a copy of the software. I've never tried to print the line graphs or track maps.
+Quote Post
race914
post Feb 29 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #3

73 914-4

Member No.: 5,027
Region Association: Central California

Hi Aaron,

Here's an interesting site with some track telemetry. I pulled up Laguna but the others tracks may have more of what you are looking for.

I have a G-Meter on my Laguna Videos that is not very precise but it may be something else that will help your project. The videos are under the 914World '914 Info' '914 Related Videos' 'Racetrack Videos' two videos that start with "Laguna Seca Race914"

Good luck with your project. It sounds interesting!

Greg

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:11 AM