Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which tranny? 901 or 915, For my 914-8 buick 215?
charliew
post Mar 9 2008, 09:53 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,958

Michaelt55 I watched a little pontiac for about 20 years setting beside an old beerjoint on Hwy 31 or 84 east of Waco. Many years ago I got out and went an looked at it. The hood was up and the windows out or down. I thought it would make a neat project but was worried about parts so forgot about it. Seems like a few years ago I noticed it was gone. Do you worry about parts? And is it the same outside dimensions as a sbc just lighter?
Charliew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Mar 9 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Looks like your 901 has the coarse-spline 915 output flanges, which measure ~108mm diameter. I cant tell if they're 4 bolt/2pin or 6 bolt flanges. They'll mate up fine with either 944 or 911 CVs.
[/quote]

They are 2pin / 4bolt flanges. I'm not to worried about pulling first. I think I am going to put this 901 in my car soon. I want to get my 5-lug setup on it soon. I may send off another tranny to get redone. I'm not real sure at this point how I am going to go with everything. I appreciatte all the advice as it helps me decide.
+Quote Post
michaelt55
post Mar 9 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #23

Graduate of Life's experiences

Member No.: 6,753
Region Association: None

QUOTE(charliew @ Mar 9 2008, 10:53 AM) *

Michaelt55 I watched a little pontiac for about 20 years setting beside an old beerjoint on Hwy 31 or 84 east of Waco. Many years ago I got out and went an looked at it. The hood was up and the windows out or down. I thought it would make a neat project but was worried about parts so forgot about it. Seems like a few years ago I noticed it was gone. Do you worry about parts? And is it the same outside dimensions as a sbc just lighter?
Charliew

slightly smaller in size, not much, cause its the basis for the 300. Parts are actually easy to find due to the Rover...in fact there are two parts place on line that I frequently that has some really great go fast stuff...

Michael
+Quote Post
JRust
post Mar 9 2008, 12:20 PM
Post #24

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

[/quote]
slightly smaller in size, not much, cause its the basis for the 300. Parts are actually easy to find due to the Rover...in fact there are two parts place on line that I frequently that has some really great go fast stuff...

Michael
[/quote]

I'll be interested in some go fast stuff eventually. I'll be happy with how fast it is right now for at least a month (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
Once I get my tranny & suspension all set I'll be ready for go faster (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 03:31 AM