Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Race seats, What do you have... do you like it?
byndbad914
post Mar 19 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #21

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

QUOTE(dug @ Mar 19 2008, 03:31 AM) *

My spec miata came with an aluminum ultra-shield road race seat. I hated it.

and that is the conundrum with a seat purchase, I had Corbeaus and absolutely hated them, and I think the US seat is fantastic. I also took every measurement that US asked me for and gave them my body dimensions, so the seat is built to me. THAT is probably the difference - dug bought a car with them already so they weren't built to fit him. BTW, no extra cost for giving US dims to build to. My dims matched an existing "off-the"shelf" setup so I didn't have to wait to get them, but the only diff between OTS and custom sizing is the wait time, not price (at least not 1-1/2 yrs ago when I bought mine).

Which brings me back to this statement...

QUOTE(dug @ Mar 19 2008, 03:31 AM) *
I highly recommend sitting in the model of seat you are going to get. They are all different widths for different parts, butt, shoulders, lower back, etc. Make sure it fits you right.

I said it earlier and so did others, but really want to make that a clear theme. I have been involved in racing for quite a few years in some form or another and I can assure you everyone likes a different seat, helmet, driving shoe brand, etc than the next guy. If it contacts your body, make sure it contacts your body before you buy it. I had the luxury of going to a large automotive race show and sitting in every seat mfr imaginable including some I have never heard of before, and only one particular Sparco fit me, one really expensive bastard, and the US. Recaro, Kirkey, etc I didn't like.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Mar 19 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #22

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

SO I went to Speedware Motorsports with my helmut and sat in every seat they had. I ended up getting the Sparco Evo2 Plus. Very comfortable seat. The Recaros pushed my head forward too much. The other seats I was interested in do not even come close to how comfortable this Sparco is. For the passenger seat I just got a Sparco Sprint. Good seat that isn't too comfprtable. That way I can give people rides but they won't want to stay in for too long (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
purple
post Mar 19 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #23

Pigeon feeders attract me

Member No.: 7,942

I probably am not going to help you much, but the most comfortable, yet supportive seats i've ever sat in are in my own 914, and they are no longer made. the company was NEX and i think they are out of business. they are a little wider than the other seats pictured in this thread,just perfect for my big ass.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Mar 20 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #24

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

Yeah, I have sat in NEX seats before. The seats I ended up getting are not for the bigger person in mind, but then again I am rather skinney. I want ones that fit me well. The Sparco Evo2Plus is perfect as it is a little taller than the Evo2 and most of the people that drive my car are as tall or taller then I am. Most have a similar build as I do and so the seats should fit well for them too. I was trying to keep that in mind as well.
+Quote Post
purple
post Mar 20 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #25

Pigeon feeders attract me

Member No.: 7,942

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 20 2008, 01:28 AM) *

Yeah, I have sat in NEX seats before. The seats I ended up getting are not for the bigger person in mind, but then again I am rather skinney. I want ones that fit me well. The Sparco Evo2Plus is perfect as it is a little taller than the Evo2 and most of the people that drive my car are as tall or taller then I am. Most have a similar build as I do and so the seats should fit well for them too. I was trying to keep that in mind as well.

okay, i'm not THAT big, i have a 34'' waist... but it's nice to not have to shimmy into a seat like my buddy's 993 recaros
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Mar 20 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #26

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105

My avatar shows me sitting in the GTS seats I bought from CAMP914 over a year ago. I love them, although not racing seats, they are great. You have to be pretty thin to fit in them. They do a great job of holding a person in.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:24 AM