Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lack of motivation .., am i the only one?
Pat Garvey
post Mar 18 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #21

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 18 2008, 11:11 AM) *

i was only a few days away from having my 914 run again when it was stolen. i had all the parts to fix it, new engine harness, new alternator etc. McMark even stopped by to help me with the starter and harness (i have no real tools or jackstands at my house) ...

but ever since i got the car back from the police, i have been avoiding it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

i somehow still feel violated ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) Andy

Bud! Get over it!

Yeppir, you've been violated. In any other case, you'd have a smile on your face!

Seriously, I had somthing like that happen - didn't want the Porsche, just the stuff inside. Cops caught they guy two miles away with 19 cellpones in his pockets and two radar detectors. He was on foot at 2 am & stupid. My wife's Passat was trashed inside - and I mean trashed!

Get back into life - these things happen & they pass. We depend on you to make the ultimate 914. Do it!
Pat
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
degreeoff
post Mar 18 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #22

I like big butts and I can not lie!

Member No.: 275
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) I found that when I quit smokin grass I got better....exept when it came to abstract art....but seriously..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

My car sat for the better part of three years to get it to where it is with a total of 6-7 months of 'ON TIME'.....so for what its worth ....throw the bitch together (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) and drive er like you stole er!
+Quote Post
LarryR
post Mar 18 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 7,604

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 18 2008, 09:11 AM) *

i was only a few days away from having my 914 run again when it was stolen. i had all the parts to fix it, new engine harness, new alternator etc. McMark even stopped by to help me with the starter and harness (i have no real tools or jackstands at my house) ...

but ever since i got the car back from the police, i have been avoiding it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

i somehow still feel violated ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) Andy

I actually think there is a common disassociation phenomena with a recovered stolen vehicle. My sister actually had 2 cars stolen from her. Both times when they were recovered she wanted absolutely nothing to do with them. The first one was an 89 blazer that was stolen from her back in 94 before it was stolen it was a 68K mile cream puff. It came back with a couple of scratches and not much else wrong (steering column of course) I had it fixed perfectly for her but she got rid of it none the less about 2 weeks later.

The same thing happened with the 93 chevy short bed step side truck she got after that ... that got stolen in 96 ... they stole the seats and wheels so I put new seats and wheels on it for her and she sold it right after that.

Theropy would be cheaper than starting over (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
roadster fan
post Mar 18 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #24

Project Frankenstein !!!!!!!!

Member No.: 5,184
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 18 2008, 03:20 PM) *

I've found that I'm very motivated when I have a perfect balance of anti-depressants, caffeine, anti-anxiety medicine, ginseng, and nicotine in my blood.
Other than that, I'm pretty much screwed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Yep sounds like you just needed a boost. I just read the thread where you and Dr. Roger got the car going, awesome.

Jim
+Quote Post
championgt1
post Mar 18 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #25

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I read this thread and thought wow I should go work on the car. Went out to the garage threw a couple of parts on the car. I hooked up the 4 month old Optima battery and hit the key, nothing! Damn near brand new battery and it is only putting out 9.4 volts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) Talk about a motivation killer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
krazykonrad
post Mar 18 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 5,610

QUit working on it, don't read any Porsche articles, get off the websites, and just quit thinking about it. In a week or two, you'll get the itch back and you'll be ready to go.
Vielen Gluck!
Konrad
+Quote Post
914werke
post Mar 18 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #27

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I know this exact feeling. Not related to haveing my car stolen but buy simply
being screwed by a vendor (Story) who had, then ceased supplying me parts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
Went into a funk and didnt want to work on restoring it at all.
Just recently started getting the bug again ...so back at it.
+Quote Post
Twise
post Mar 19 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 6,881
Region Association: Southern California

When I get to feeling that way - I go work on someone elses car - That usually motivates me. Hang in there bud... Festival of speed is coming up...
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 19 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #29

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435

QUOTE(Twise @ Mar 19 2008, 02:22 AM) *

When I get to feeling that way - I go work on someone elses car - That usually motivates me.

Man, this is so true.

When my interest for the car is sitting for a while, helping someone else is always a huge shot in the arm.

Zach
+Quote Post
GTeener
post Mar 19 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #30

914 Girl

Member No.: 2,249
Region Association: Northern California

Maybe installing a secret kill switch will get you back in the groove (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
angerosa
post Mar 19 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 8,023

This kind of happened to me. I had done a lot of work on my Maserati and it was finally running pretty well and getting really fun to drive and dependable. I had spent a lot of money through one winter and in a strange twist of events, I had driven it somewhere and was whisked from that location to a surprise party in my honor basically one mile away. Later in the party people wanted to see the car which was at the other place they picked me up from so my girlfriend (now wife) and my best friend went to go get it. It was taking along time, they were literally five minute away and people at my party started to look funny. After about 20 minutes everyone was like " where are they"? At 25 minutes my best friend turned the corner and the car had front end damage. He had taken the one turn he had to make really quickly and crashed more or less head on into a high curve.

Long story short. After 5 times on different frame straighteners and trying to keep up all the maintenance as well, the car was never the same in my eyes again. Lots of money to bring it back to what it was before the accident. The accident happened in 1996 and I just sold the car last summer (2007). It sat in my apartment parking space and eventually in my garage under a cover for several years without me even looking at it. When I sold it last year I felt like a great weight had been lifted off my shoulders. My wife says she's glad to see me excited about a car again (speaking about the 914).

But Andy - I don't think this will happen to you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 06:29 AM