Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dave, question on gasket set, what contents
stateofidleness
post Mar 18 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,065
Region Association: None

Parts I need are:

the oil filler gasket
valve cover gaskets
intake runner gaskets

and im thinkin of just ordering the:
Engine Gasket Set, Does Not Include Flywheel Seal Or Pulley Seal, 914 2.0 (1973-76)

what all is included in that set?

will it have the gaskets i need? thanks so much!

EDIT: anything else you think i should get while i have the engine out and torn down (to the case)? should lower that free shipping to $50 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ill order $100 worth of stuff and then the next day ill realize i forgot to order some seals or something and i find myself tryin to get another $75 worth of stuff just for the free shipping.. does it make me a cheap bastard?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 18 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Probably something better handled on the Pelican 914 BBS (if indeed you meant to ask me), or even direct email.

Actually, the answer in this case is the same in all venues: Talk to Glenn. glenn@pelicanparts.com ; he is tied into the sales end of things. I don't remember all of what is included in the gasket set...

On the third hand, if you look at the photo in the on-line catalog of the gasket set, you can see the VC gasket, the oil breather chimney gasket, and the intake runner-to-head seals.

I'm not sure offhand just what else would be appropriate to do while you had all the externals off the motor... The other things I can think of are mostly the other seals and such that should be in the gasket kit. New vacuum hoses, new fuel lines, uhm... Tune-up parts are good, because access is really easy when everything is off the motor! Oil pressure sender, the CHT sender if a new one is needed.

I'm sure others can think of stuff to add. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--DD
+Quote Post
stateofidleness
post Mar 18 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,065
Region Association: None

thanks dave.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 07:58 AM