Full Version: Dave, question on gasket set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stateofidleness
Parts I need are:

the oil filler gasket
valve cover gaskets
intake runner gaskets

and im thinkin of just ordering the:
Engine Gasket Set, Does Not Include Flywheel Seal Or Pulley Seal, 914 2.0 (1973-76)

what all is included in that set?

will it have the gaskets i need? thanks so much!

EDIT: anything else you think i should get while i have the engine out and torn down (to the case)? should lower that free shipping to $50 smile.gif ill order $100 worth of stuff and then the next day ill realize i forgot to order some seals or something and i find myself tryin to get another $75 worth of stuff just for the free shipping.. does it make me a cheap bastard?
Dave_Darling
Probably something better handled on the Pelican 914 BBS (if indeed you meant to ask me), or even direct email.

Actually, the answer in this case is the same in all venues: Talk to Glenn. glenn@pelicanparts.com ; he is tied into the sales end of things. I don't remember all of what is included in the gasket set...

On the third hand, if you look at the photo in the on-line catalog of the gasket set, you can see the VC gasket, the oil breather chimney gasket, and the intake runner-to-head seals.

I'm not sure offhand just what else would be appropriate to do while you had all the externals off the motor... The other things I can think of are mostly the other seals and such that should be in the gasket kit. New vacuum hoses, new fuel lines, uhm... Tune-up parts are good, because access is really easy when everything is off the motor! Oil pressure sender, the CHT sender if a new one is needed.

I'm sure others can think of stuff to add. smile.gif

--DD
stateofidleness
thanks dave.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.