Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Non-USA 914 owners: Do you have original dealership window stickers?
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 19 2008, 06:06 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

If so can you scan and post them? They may have interesting info not available anywhere else. Here is a picture of a window sticker from typical Porsche-Audi imported USA 914.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
davep
post Mar 19 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #2

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

The only ones I have seen are from USA.
+Quote Post
beech4rd
post Mar 19 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,445
Region Association: North East States

I'm originally from Britain and I'd never seen a dealer window sticker until I came to live here. In Britain, and perhaps in most of Europe, when one goes to buy a new car, the dealer has a car for demonstration purposes, usually covered with "Please don't touch " labels. You drive it, decide you want to buy one (or not). The salesman brings out a list of all the options available, you pick the ones you want, and with a little bit of luck, several weeks later you get a call and the red 914 2.0l S you ordered has magically become an arctic blue 1.7 and you are offered a take it or leave it and you may get your 2.0l some months later. I'm exaggerating, but I was amazed to see dealers with acres of cars for immediate delivery when I first needed to buy a car here. What you do find, ( I've found one on all Karmann built cars I've bought in Europe), is a line ticket secreted somewhere on the car with a (coded) list of the options on the car.
Chris
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 19 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #4

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Whats a line ticket? Can you show us an example? Is there any similar dealership or factory-build documentation for non-North American market cars?
+Quote Post
Gustl
post Mar 19 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #5

914 enthusiast & historian

Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

QUOTE(beech4rd @ Mar 20 2008, 02:47 AM) *

I'm originally from Britain and I'd never seen a dealer window sticker until I came to live here. In Britain, and perhaps in most of Europe, when one goes to buy a new car, the dealer has a car for demonstration purposes, usually covered with "Please don't touch " labels. You drive it, decide you want to buy one (or not). The salesman brings out a list of all the options available, you pick the ones you want, and with a little bit of luck, several weeks later you get a call and the red 914 2.0l S you ordered has magically become an arctic blue 1.7 and you are offered a take it or leave it and you may get your 2.0l some months later. I'm exaggerating, but I was amazed to see dealers with acres of cars for immediate delivery when I first needed to buy a car here. What you do find, ( I've found one on all Karmann built cars I've bought in Europe), is a line ticket secreted somewhere on the car with a (coded) list of the options on the car.
Chris

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) - can't say it with better words
+Quote Post
Gustl
post Mar 19 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 20 2008, 02:53 AM) *

Whats a line ticket?

that's a kind of punched paper tape - it has all the production info coded on it, like interior and exterior colour, engine size, optional equipment
it goes through the whole production progress with the car, so that everyone on the production line knows what the customer ordered on his new car

AFAIK these "info cards" are the basis for the COA and they're not available for public

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Gustl

+Quote Post
73Phoenix20
post Mar 20 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 4,283

Line ticket would be like the "Build sheet" for an american car...

Usually stuck under the driver's seat springs or somewhere under the carpeting...

Tells the factory folks what to put where... you have to search for it!
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Mar 20 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #8

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 19 2008, 09:35 PM) *

QUOTE(beech4rd @ Mar 20 2008, 02:47 AM) *

In Britain, and perhaps in most of Europe, when one goes to buy a new car, the dealer has a car for demonstration purposes, usually covered with "Please don't touch " labels. I was amazed to see dealers with acres of cars for immediate delivery when I first needed to buy a car here.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) - can't say it with better words

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) in europe, you never saw car lots full of new cars like you do here in the US. if you were lucky they had one showcar, that you could take for a test drive.

then you ordered and hoped for the best ... which usually meant that *your* car would be most certainly not the color you wanted, but if you were lucky most of the other specifications (like engine size) were close to what you wanted ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
Gustl
post Mar 20 2008, 07:32 AM
Post #9

take a look at this eBay auction: #270219486178

it shows an official VW-Porsche sales document, where the sales guy wrote down your desired options with the additional cost
this was the basic document for the "line ticket"

so I guess, this is the most similar document to the american window sticker ... ?

as for the headline: ANGEBOT translates to OFFER

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 04:07 AM