Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non-USA 914 owners: Do you have original dealership window stickers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
If so can you scan and post them? They may have interesting info not available anywhere else. Here is a picture of a window sticker from typical Porsche-Audi imported USA 914.
davep
The only ones I have seen are from USA.
beech4rd
I'm originally from Britain and I'd never seen a dealer window sticker until I came to live here. In Britain, and perhaps in most of Europe, when one goes to buy a new car, the dealer has a car for demonstration purposes, usually covered with "Please don't touch " labels. You drive it, decide you want to buy one (or not). The salesman brings out a list of all the options available, you pick the ones you want, and with a little bit of luck, several weeks later you get a call and the red 914 2.0l S you ordered has magically become an arctic blue 1.7 and you are offered a take it or leave it and you may get your 2.0l some months later. I'm exaggerating, but I was amazed to see dealers with acres of cars for immediate delivery when I first needed to buy a car here. What you do find, ( I've found one on all Karmann built cars I've bought in Europe), is a line ticket secreted somewhere on the car with a (coded) list of the options on the car.
Chris
JeffBowlsby
Whats a line ticket? Can you show us an example? Is there any similar dealership or factory-build documentation for non-North American market cars?
Gustl
QUOTE(beech4rd @ Mar 20 2008, 02:47 AM) *

I'm originally from Britain and I'd never seen a dealer window sticker until I came to live here. In Britain, and perhaps in most of Europe, when one goes to buy a new car, the dealer has a car for demonstration purposes, usually covered with "Please don't touch " labels. You drive it, decide you want to buy one (or not). The salesman brings out a list of all the options available, you pick the ones you want, and with a little bit of luck, several weeks later you get a call and the red 914 2.0l S you ordered has magically become an arctic blue 1.7 and you are offered a take it or leave it and you may get your 2.0l some months later. I'm exaggerating, but I was amazed to see dealers with acres of cars for immediate delivery when I first needed to buy a car here. What you do find, ( I've found one on all Karmann built cars I've bought in Europe), is a line ticket secreted somewhere on the car with a (coded) list of the options on the car.
Chris

agree.gif - can't say it with better words
Gustl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 20 2008, 02:53 AM) *

Whats a line ticket?

that's a kind of punched paper tape - it has all the production info coded on it, like interior and exterior colour, engine size, optional equipment
it goes through the whole production progress with the car, so that everyone on the production line knows what the customer ordered on his new car

AFAIK these "info cards" are the basis for the COA and they're not available for public

bye1.gif Gustl

73Phoenix20
Line ticket would be like the "Build sheet" for an american car...

Usually stuck under the driver's seat springs or somewhere under the carpeting...

Tells the factory folks what to put where... you have to search for it!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 19 2008, 09:35 PM) *

QUOTE(beech4rd @ Mar 20 2008, 02:47 AM) *

In Britain, and perhaps in most of Europe, when one goes to buy a new car, the dealer has a car for demonstration purposes, usually covered with "Please don't touch " labels. I was amazed to see dealers with acres of cars for immediate delivery when I first needed to buy a car here.

agree.gif - can't say it with better words

agree.gif in europe, you never saw car lots full of new cars like you do here in the US. if you were lucky they had one showcar, that you could take for a test drive.

then you ordered and hoped for the best ... which usually meant that *your* car would be most certainly not the color you wanted, but if you were lucky most of the other specifications (like engine size) were close to what you wanted ...
dry.gif Andy
Gustl
take a look at this eBay auction: #270219486178

it shows an official VW-Porsche sales document, where the sales guy wrote down your desired options with the additional cost
this was the basic document for the "line ticket"

so I guess, this is the most similar document to the american window sticker ... ?

as for the headline: ANGEBOT translates to OFFER

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.