Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Original 914 owners only!, I'm curious - what will you do with it?
charliew
post Mar 26 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,958

Pat I'm 63 and pretty hard headed. I don't take many vacations, only one in 88 and I think one in about 72. Two different families. I have a 40 yr. old son that likes computers and macho trucks. He takes good care of his stuff but is not interested in car building or rebuilding. I do have a 26 yr. old that is a hot rodder/ME that I have helped with a subie sti turbo beast. He likes all the exotics but is pretty frugal. He keeps the women at bay to be able to spend his money as he chooses. I tell him that will change when he finds the right one. I have many auto interest. I just got a pretty clean colo. and wyo. 75 914 1.8 that had the hell hole, motor, and tranny redone in 91 at 50k. It now has 80k on it. I seem to have every reciept ever issued on it. It's unmolested but the last owner was not as good as the first was. Each owner let it go some. It has a dented driver door and I've gotten another door but it is not as pristene as the original so I may just repair it. It's gonna get a wrx subie and tranny with air and all the 911 stuff with steel flares. Lots of work but I think it's manageable as long as health holds out. If my younger son doesn't like it I guess it'll be up to him. This is not my only project there are several, he doesn't think I can manage them all. I think I can. We will see.

I think you have started the search and are in the right place for it to happen.

There are probably quite a few of responsible collectors that will help you out when you are ready.

Charliew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minndodger
post Mar 26 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 8,076
Region Association: Northstar Region

Pat,

I am the third owner of my car. The second owner bought it "nearly new". Roger (2nd owner) is in his early 70s and could no longer get in and out of the car. He and his wife do not have children. Roger wanted to "hand pick" the new owner of his baby. So I was interviewed before I could buy the car. I also had to make a handful of promises that went along with the sale such as no carbs, no V8, do not make it a track car. He periodically contacts me to ask about the car. He still refers to the car still as his which I actually appreciate.

What does all this mean, heck I am not sure, but maybe when you get to that point in another 50 years or so you should take the time and find the right caretaker.

Stephen
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Mar 26 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #23

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'm also the third owner of this car. The car was orginally sold from Eddy's German Imports out of Stockton, Ca. I have maint. records up till 1980. The car must have been sold and the second owner put SS heat exchangers on the car and the car sat in a garage for a hell of a long time. No rust. I've had the car for about 12 years, made some upgrades, rebuilt the engine, and the car now has a spare engine.

Just wondering how much longer I will keep the car. When I decide to sell it, I'm hoping it goes to a good home and an owner that will take good care of it.
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Mar 26 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #24

Small Member

Member No.: 633

Pat,
I'll think your car would be a great start for a chalon/V8 conversion... or at least a quickie respray to yellow or blue. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

I will have to watch the calssifieds down the road (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Mar 26 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #25

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

All my cars are for the kids.
Whatever is left that is.
Rich
+Quote Post
anderssj
post Mar 26 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #26

Dog is my copilot...

Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Original owner of an Irish green 72 . . . Youngest son is interested in it, but I'm thinking maybe a viking funeral (Hail Ragnar!)
+Quote Post
Joe Owensby
post Mar 27 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #27

JoeO

Member No.: 5,385
Region Association: South East States

Original owner of 73 signal orange 1.7, now 2056. Just getting it back on road after 2 1/2 year restoration. Plan to keep it and drive it for as long as I am able- hopefully about 15 - 20 more years. By then, maybe it will be worn out, as I assume I will be. This is assuming that parts will still be available to keep us both running that long. JoeO
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Mar 28 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #28

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I don't think of myself as the original owner, even though the BOS says I am. I was 11 the day the old man drove her off the lot & I rode shotgun. In any case, this question has been on my mind a lot lately & I have no idea what I'm going to do- sell her, give her to one of my many 2nd cousins or donate her to a museum. Be nice to rob a cradle & knock up a sweet 20 something yr old & get a bay boy out of her...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Apr 1 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #29

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Here you go ;
70 or 71
Factory delivery, shipped stateside, one owner,
rust has got to to it , rear wheel much camber.
Owner may or may not fix it.
Taken a buddies body shop today. Owner is Very sentimental about the car .

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
porschecb
post Apr 1 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 2,529
Region Association: None

I am thinking of being put to rest in mine! My oldest son needs to learn how to drive it! So what if you are the org. owner? It is still here! and needs to be delt with!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 07:04 AM