Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Come see me and my 914 at the Maker Faire this year!, May 3-4 2008, San Mateo Fairgrounds, San Mateo, CA
mightyohm
post Apr 5 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The Maker Faire is a yearly event put on by the guys at O'Reilly publishing, who publish Make magazine. It's going to be a big event this year, they are expecting 50,000 people to show up (2x last year). People come from all over the country to show off their hobbies. It's sort of like a science fair for adults. In addition to lots of events during the weekend, you get to meet hackers, geeks, burning man types, and all sorts of interesting people.

This year I am going to be there with my 914 demonstrating how to make wiring harnesses. The techniques apply to all sorts of electrical wiring projects, including cars. I made my own fuel injection harness for my Megasquirt setup and you'll be able to see the car and check out how I did it. I'll be making some example harnesses at the show, so it should be a lot of fun. If you're already planning on going to the Maker Faire, come by and say hi. If not, click on the pic in my signature to find out more.

Some more info about me is available here: http://makerfaire.com/pub/e/1044

As far as I know I'll be indoors with the other automotive projects. I'm pretty sure I'll be the only 914 at the show so it should be hard to miss. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 01:25 PM