Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Come see me and my 914 at the Maker Faire this year!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mightyohm
The Maker Faire is a yearly event put on by the guys at O'Reilly publishing, who publish Make magazine. It's going to be a big event this year, they are expecting 50,000 people to show up (2x last year). People come from all over the country to show off their hobbies. It's sort of like a science fair for adults. In addition to lots of events during the weekend, you get to meet hackers, geeks, burning man types, and all sorts of interesting people.

This year I am going to be there with my 914 demonstrating how to make wiring harnesses. The techniques apply to all sorts of electrical wiring projects, including cars. I made my own fuel injection harness for my Megasquirt setup and you'll be able to see the car and check out how I did it. I'll be making some example harnesses at the show, so it should be a lot of fun. If you're already planning on going to the Maker Faire, come by and say hi. If not, click on the pic in my signature to find out more.

Some more info about me is available here: http://makerfaire.com/pub/e/1044

As far as I know I'll be indoors with the other automotive projects. I'm pretty sure I'll be the only 914 at the show so it should be hard to miss. biggrin.gif
Dr. Roger
This year will be my first Makers Faire.

I look forward to seeing you there!

piratenanner.gif
McMark
I'm gonna try to make it. boldblue.gif
smontanaro
This is an instance where I really regret not living on the Left Coast. I just bought the "Best of Make" book for my son for his birthday.

Skip
mightyohm
Bump! The Maker Faire is this weekend in San Mateo, CA. I guarantee I will have the only 914 in the show!

Maker Faire
McMark
Allison and I will be there Sunday. boldblue.gif
jesiv
Bump! Well I tried to make it today. After setting in traffic for 45 mins I thought I would try early tomorrow morning.

James
jesiv
Click to view attachment

Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to show me some of the tricks in building a wiring harness.

Everyone Else, if you lived in the Bay Area and did not go there you really missed out.

Regards,

James
McMark
I had to take care of a sick woman. sad.gif Stupid cold. I'm bummed we missed it. mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.