Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> painting my intake......here is what i found
jsayre914
post Apr 10 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Speed Up !!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So I pulled off the airbox on my 73 2.0. I then removed a few vacume lines which were loose anyway. (i am replacing them too) Then I removed the retaining nuts for my fuel injectors. the first injector was yellow, the other three are blue at the top. OH NO. next I pulled out the injectors, one was held in with a ziptie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) and another had no large seal at all. and the final one had 2 small seals...Now it gets better.....I noticed one of the three nuts holding the intake pipes was loose it came right off. then I noticed the other two were also loose??? Im not sure if the PO forgot to tighten or what. There was nothing holding this down at all. Once removed I saw lots of black exaust leak everywhere and even gasoline lying on the engine tin underneath. WOW, to think the car was running pretty good befor I started. Cant wait to see how she runs when Im done. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 11:26 AM