Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: painting my intake......here is what i found
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
So I pulled off the airbox on my 73 2.0. I then removed a few vacume lines which were loose anyway. (i am replacing them too) Then I removed the retaining nuts for my fuel injectors. the first injector was yellow, the other three are blue at the top. OH NO. next I pulled out the injectors, one was held in with a ziptie biggrin.gif and another had no large seal at all. and the final one had 2 small seals...Now it gets better.....I noticed one of the three nuts holding the intake pipes was loose it came right off. then I noticed the other two were also loose??? Im not sure if the PO forgot to tighten or what. There was nothing holding this down at all. Once removed I saw lots of black exaust leak everywhere and even gasoline lying on the engine tin underneath. WOW, to think the car was running pretty good befor I started. Cant wait to see how she runs when Im done. driving-girl.gif
McMark
WOW! That's quite a story. ohmy.gif
rjames
Once removed I saw lots of black exaust leak everywhere and even gasoline lying on the engine tin underneath.

Sounds like you saved your teener from a possible fire as well!

One of the first things everyone should do when they get a 914 is to replace the fuel lines and inspect the injectors & injector seals.

SLITS
Yellow injector is a 1.7
Blue injectors are 1.8 and should have an almost square electrical attachment.

'73 2.0 should have had green injectors Bosch 0 280 150 019 (Yeh, there's numbers cast into the tops on one side of the injector)

Replace all your fuel hoses on the engine (7mm hose)
jsayre914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 10 2008, 02:36 PM) *

Yellow injector is a 1.7
Blue injectors are 1.8 and should have an almost square electrical attachment.

'73 2.0 should have had green injectors Bosch 0 280 150 019 (Yeh, there's numbers cast into the tops on one side of the injector)

Replace all your fuel hoses on the engine (7mm hose)

Can I get away with three same injectors and one diff?? or will it cause problems down the road??
914Sixer
Different injectors, different injection volume. Thats why there is 1.7,1.8 and 2.0 injectors for 1700,1800 and 2000cc engines.
SLITS
In reality, the flow rates (in cc/min are different) with the lowest being the yellow, next up is the blue and lastly, the green is the highest.

You can dick around with fuel pressure to keep from running lean meaning increase beyond "normal" called for, but injectors will prolly start to leak at about 35+ psi.

Hate to say it, but best course of action would be to obtain correct ones for the engine at your first opportunity (opportunity = money). Used ones can sell from $10 up each. Having them "rebuilt" (cleaned and calibration check) runs from $20 each and up to about $35 each.

Edit: New ones are not cheap if you can even find them. There are some replacements on the market but I've never tried them. They are less expensive.
jsayre914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 10 2008, 02:50 PM) *

In reality, the flow rates (in cc/min are different) with the lowest being the yellow, next up is the blue and lastly, the green is the highest.

You can dick around with fuel pressure to keep from running lean meaning increase beyond "normal" called for, but injectors will prolly start to leak at about 35+ psi.

Hate to say it, but best course of action would be to obtain correct ones for the engine at your first opportunity (opportunity = money). Used ones can sell from $10 up each. Having them "rebuilt" (cleaned and calibration check) runs from $20 each and up to about $35 each.

So I will check the numbers on my injectors when I get home dry.gif , It seems I may have all 4 wrong, what are the odds of that.
jsayre914
piratenanner.gif Three are Green. Does anybody have a decent working 2.0 injector for sale?? PM Me I need only one
degreeoff
If your car ran good like it was I would be interested to know how it runs after...if it were me my luck it would run like SH$# after bc it was happy being BAD!!! LOL!
jsayre914
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Apr 10 2008, 04:28 PM) *

If your car ran good like it was I would be interested to know how it runs after...if it were me my luck it would run like SH$# after bc it was happy being BAD!!! LOL!

av-943.gif I am very curious myself
stateofidleness
well.. this is interesting lol...
i have a 2.0L and have 2 green and 2 yellow... doh!

so i guess im in search of 2 greens now lol..

anyone wanna trade?
rjames
The 2.0 liter green injectors were still available last I checked, but that was about 2 years ago. Are they NLA too?
jsayre914
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Apr 10 2008, 05:16 PM) *

anyone wanna trade?

I posted a wanted ad and got many replys within 30min beerchug.gif
davep
Get a spare or two if you can. Then send the lot out to be cleaned. Chances are a few will fail due to leaks. Once cleaned, the spray pattern will be much better, thus resulting in better and reliable performance.
SLITS
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Apr 10 2008, 02:16 PM) *

anyone wanna trade?

No man, you have that really rare factory 1.85 L .... Call Porsche, I'm sure you can get a COA for it. poke.gif

Damn .... where's Pat when you need authentication?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.