Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here's what I bought, help resolving some issues
Smitty911
post May 2 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,830
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

She started tonight.

After tracking down everything, pulling the Dizzy to clean EVERYTHING" new points and condensor. I attempted to start her up. Nothing.

Started cleaning up for the night, looked down to see the condensor wire not attached. Ok attach it attempt to start, nothing, put it on the wrong side of coil. Reattached to correct side, Dizzy loose as I don't own a timing light right now. Attempt to start, nothing. Continue to clean and remembered that someone said to remove the TACH wire from the coil. So I did. Attempt to start, motor started turning faster and faster, a good sign.

Get out reach in and give her a twist. SHE FIRED, ran really, really rough. Rev a couple of time, jump out and start twisting. She started to idle higher and smooth out.

I was doing the Chicken Dance in the drive way when the wife pulled in. EAR TO EAR GRIN, Shes alive. First words out of my wifes mouth, it smokes alot.

Sorry for the long post I'm just really excited.

Now what does removing the TACH wire have to do with the price of tea in China? How do I repair that.

All the lights work. That's a +. The low beams dont work, one high beam does?????? Could be as simple as new head lights.

Did I mention that I was excited. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) soon

Smitty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swl
post May 3 2008, 05:34 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,550
Region Association: Canada

yeeee haa!!!!!! Good on ya Smitty!

Tach - could be as simple as being on the wrong side of the coil.
+Quote Post
markb
post May 3 2008, 06:14 AM
Post #23

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

Congrats!! The headlights each have thier own fuses, and seperate high and low beam fuses. It may be that simple. If not, they each have their own grounds. Clean them.
+Quote Post
Smitty911
post May 3 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 8,830
Region Association: Southern California

Grounds-------- I may just braze in a solid Copper Bar running the length of the car. LOL

I'll be checking these today.

And getting a GOOD Fire Extengisher.

Having a running motor is better than making Vrooom Vrooooom noises.

Smitty
+Quote Post
rjames
post May 3 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #25

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Grounds-------- I may just braze in a solid Copper Bar running the length of the car. LOL

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Congratulations on the big leap in progress!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 4 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #26

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

for the headlights check fuses, next on the list is the relay above the fuse panel. you should hear feel it clicking when you actuate the lever.

k
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:08 PM