Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Transmission/axle question for the gurus in the house, Joint flange - '70 911E vs 914/4
Lavanaut
post May 1 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,265
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey all,

I'm researching what it would take to convert my '74/4 rear axles to 911 parts as a potential approach to my rear 5-lug conversion. The piece of the puzzle that's got me confused right now is the joint flange, the piece which the transmission-side CV joints bolt up to. PET shows two part numbers for the '70 911:
  • 901 332 209 15 - "for chilled casting"
  • 901 332 209 21 - "for die casting"
Finally, for the 914 (all years) PET lists:
  • 914 332 209 01
So - here are my questions:

1. Despite different part #s, my understanding is that at least one of the 1970 911 joint flanges *will* fit my 914...correct?
2. Which of the two 901 part numbers should I be on the lookout for, and what's the difference between the two?

Shout-out to Eric Shea for schooling me on this stuff! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (Eric, I figured I'd go ahead and research in case our parts swap doesn't pan out for some reason. Can't hurt to learn a little more... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)).

Thanks,

Reid
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 11:01 PM