Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: I lost my best 4-legged friend tonight
scotty b
post May 5 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #21

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) My black lab is 15 now, she has liver cancer and I fear everyday I'm gonna come home to the worst. Somehow no matter how much bigger the tumor gets she just keeps on plugging along. I know it's soon though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Gonna hurt bad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jenny
post May 5 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

Oh, Rob... I'm so sorry to hear about Lucky. He surely was a celebrated member of your family. I don't know what to say... your recount has touched me very deeply. I have two beagles of my own, and really love doxies as well. Seanery also lost Brembo just the other day. It's a sad time.. Brian and I will keep your family and Lucky in our prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss.

-Jenny
+Quote Post
Jenny
post May 5 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

remember Rainbow Bridge (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dog.gif)

-Jen
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post May 5 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 312
Region Association: South East States

Thanks again everyone for your kind words.... I'm still crying, but no tears are forming now... I just wish that we could had more of a notice that he was this sick... He loved to swim and with the warm weather it's the perfect time of the year for us to play in the pool... BTW, he was 12 and we've had him since he was 7 weeks old... My father-in-law lost his doxie last year, he was 22 years old....

My wife has it the hardest. She works from home and we have at least 200 ceramic doxies through out the house. And since Lucky was our oldest, his pictures are everywhere, it's even the photo on her cell phone...

We'll get through this, and I know that time will heal, but it's been really difficult. Right now, it's only been 23 hours since his death.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I normally don't post personal stuff but this has really helped deal with the loss...

-- Rob
+Quote Post
swl
post May 5 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 4,550
Region Association: Canada

Dogs are such wonderful creatures. They give their all to us and ask only that we love them back. Take comfort in knowing that his last hours were spent doing what he loved to do with those he loved to be with.
+Quote Post
Tom
post May 5 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,626

Rob,
Sorry to hear of your loss. I know what you are going thru. I lost two kitties last year to old age and illness and two weeks ago had to put down my 14 year old sheppard. Probably the hardest year I have ever had. Still gets me from time to time. Many wonderful memories of these special family members.
Tom
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post May 5 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Well, my wife found the oldest pictures of my boy when he was a little puppy.... Rest in peace little one, thanks for the memories Luckster.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image

-- Rob
+Quote Post
flippa
post May 6 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,720
Region Association: North East States

Rob

Sorry for your loss.
+Quote Post
Allan
post May 6 2008, 10:06 AM
Post #29

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

Bummer...

So sorry to here you lost a friend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Pnambic
post May 6 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #30

Honk if you like obscene gestures!

Member No.: 546

Yup, its gonna be hard for a bit. I've lost two Australian Shepherds over the last 7 years or so. Both well before their time. Both outstanding and unique personalities. One, I had the opportunity to kind of say good bye as she got real sick real fast, but I at least had a couple days. Cost me several thousand dollars for those couple days, but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. The second was such a shock...he was shot by someone who we think was trying to steal my 914 (which didn't even have an engine in it at the time...). I still can't say I've made my peace with that one. Miss them both dearly. We went a while without a dog, but the wife eventually talked me into another.

Collect up the photos (and if any of you reading this have a dog currently, make sure to get them in pictures while you can). Those memories you can cherish forever, but the photos make them easier to remember and celebrate with others.
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 6 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #31

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Sorry Rob. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post May 6 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pnambic @ May 6 2008, 07:08 PM) *

Yup, its gonna be hard for a bit. I've lost two Australian Shepherds over the last 7 years or so. Both well before their time. Both outstanding and unique personalities. One, I had the opportunity to kind of say good bye as she got real sick real fast, but I at least had a couple days. Cost me several thousand dollars for those couple days, but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. The second was such a shock...he was shot by someone who we think was trying to steal my 914 (which didn't even have an engine in it at the time...). I still can't say I've made my peace with that one. Miss them both dearly. We went a while without a dog, but the wife eventually talked me into another.

Collect up the photos (and if any of you reading this have a dog currently, make sure to get them in pictures while you can). Those memories you can cherish forever, but the photos make them easier to remember and celebrate with others.

Absolutely about the pictures. My wife has at least (3) photo albums full... I've finally stopped constantly crying and I'm dealing with the loss of my best friend. I'm in the phase of working hard to remember him, but the pictures really reaffirm his memories. We're working and spending an extra amount of time with our other dog, Dusty, also a doxie. He was Lucky's posse, so I'm trying to fill the leader/mentor position... He definately has a more laid back personality, but still a very special, loving dog... And I have several pictures on my cloth-covered cube at work, with no expectation of taking them down...

Thanks again everyone for your support... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-- Rob
+Quote Post
krazykonrad
post May 6 2008, 10:36 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 5,610

Thoughts and prayers, man! I know if wee lost our dachshund, i would just lose it.

Konrad
+Quote Post
tdgray
post May 7 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #34

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984

Absolutely terrible... I feel for ya.

We almost lost our Cocker this year when she got pnemonia (sp) after our doxie came home with kennel cough. I was in tears just thinking it was going to happen.

It was just six years ago that I had to put my other Cocker down and I don't think I could go through that again this soon.

Grieve well my friend and remember the good times. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad2.gif)

+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post May 11 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Well, today is the one week anniversary of Lucky's passing. The week has been difficult but everyone has been so understanding and again I'd like to thank everyone on this board for their positive comments....

This is a bitter sweet posting, because it's my 1955, which is the year I was born...

Lucky will continue to be missed by his immediate family, but we will survive and move on with life....

-- Rob
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post May 11 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #36

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

Lucky sounds like an appropriate name; it's evident that he was well and truly loved.
+Quote Post
carr914
post May 11 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #37

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

Rob, Sorry for your loss.

T.C.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
evan
post May 11 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #38

Little Bean

Member No.: 4,767

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) rob, my thoughts and prayers go out to your wife and you. I know how hard it is to lose a four legged member of the family. lost my boxer after 13 years when i was younger. she was even hit by a car and survived without a scratch.
So now I am burdened with the choice of whether to get a dog for my five year old daughter or not. the wife is not an animal lover...
its not the same but you'll always have the memories.
bean 914
evan
+Quote Post
plymouth37
post May 11 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 4,138
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I am so sorry for your loss, Hang in there.
Dana. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
degreeoff
post May 11 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #40

I like big butts and I can not lie!

Member No.: 275
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I too am sorry my friend. I have two siberian's and they depend on each other as well as us. I hope your other dog is doing well too. I am seriously thinking about a 3d dog for just that reason as we all know that pets are a series of mini tragedies (to quote George Carlin)

It is painful I know (as I have lost many pets in 36yrs) but they are worth it for all that unconditional love and companionship.

Josh
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 06:29 AM