Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Considering buying a 944 turbo for daily driver, any advice on what to look for, or avoid?
Doug Leggins
post May 10 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 261
Region Association: None

I have been lusting over 944's for about a year. I have been doing some research and have started test driving some cars that are for sale. The first was an 88 non S. It had far too many mods and a rough interior. But, WOW when the turbo kicked in I couldn't help but smile! Today I drove an 87. Guards red with black leather interior. Not optioned real well but a nice 82,000 mile 2 owner car. Looks good, runs good and fairly well maintained. The price on this one is $7500. Seems like a good deal based on the condition of the car. Since I am considering buying this one, I took this one onto the interstate. WOW!!! I can now relate to all of the accolades that these cars get when the turbo kicks in at 75 mph (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . This car felt great! Strong, well mannered, smile inducing fun.

Based on my research so far, I was really looking for an 88S or an 89. But haven't found one close enough yet to test drive.

Should I hold out for an 88S or an 89?

Am I crazy thinking that a 944 turbo will be a good "daily driver", no snow driving.

Any advice on the 944, 944 turbo is greatly appreciated.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:07 PM