Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> back firing and kinda missing, Now what?
Elliot_Cannon
post Jan 21 2004, 01:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 480
Region Association: None

Hi,
Cruising down the feeway and everything is fine. Doing about 80 running like a top. Then...feels like it's missing a little and it is back firing, spitting through the carbs. The thing is, it accelerates fine as though nothing is wrong. Only time it happens is at a steady RPM. I'm thinking a carb problem. Could it be a clogged jet or something? Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's a 73 with a brand new 2.2 with webers. Only about 500 miles on the new engine. Very frustrating but then what is life without a little 30 year old German sports car?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
Cheers, Elliot
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Elliot Cannon   back firing and kinda missing   Jan 21 2004, 01:42 AM
seanery   it's probably a fuel related problem, but you ...   Jan 21 2004, 08:01 AM
Gint   I assume this fresh motor has decent carbs? Rebui...   Jan 21 2004, 08:20 AM
Steve Thacker   I know that some may disagree with my method of cl...   Jan 21 2004, 08:42 AM
Elliot Cannon   Hi, Thanks for the replies. I also think ...   Jan 21 2004, 02:34 PM
J P Stein  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:39 AM