Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Highly considering a good tub., LBB looks to have had a lot of bad run-ins.
Brando
post May 17 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

So I've had my 75 for about... 4 years now. It's run great, never had sever problems (that weren't caused by me) and has served its purpose well for being a fun autocrosser.

But...

I have made the decision to make a restoration attempt on it this year. That means stripping the paint, body, repairing panels, etc. Every time I've opened the hood its been difficult. To my dismay (when I took the front spoiler off) the car has a nice dent in the middle of the front clip. This isn't the first ding. The whole left-rear fender is beaten to hell and bondo'd back. Front and rear hoods dented as well. Not to mention a non-yielding driver got my left door (now a green 75 door).

As much work as this will take (and money) I may as well find a cherry roller to respray and weld a long kit into. I can strip the (better) chassis and take my time making it look right, inside and out, then transfer my good parts over once the paint job is done.

I can either cut out panels from LBB to reinforce the new tub, or cut it for good parts and sell those (no hell-hole rust, only surface long rust, etc).

What are everyone's thoughts? I know it will be more work and time which isn't a concern, but I dont want to spend 2 months playing master bodyworker on a gone-too-far tub. Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:51 AM