Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Houston, we've got a...., ... new Kalifornia transplant?
ericread
post May 23 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #41

The Viper Blue 914

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(purple @ May 23 2008, 10:16 AM) *

I give up...

the superiority complex of californians is just too much to handle for someone with their feet firmly planted on the ground.

Oops, the struts haven't arrived yet (maybe I should be nicer until they do???

But in all seriousness, with your experience of living in Texas and other locals, you have to admit, living in Texas really does suck doesn't it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Or do you have the audacity to tell us all that SLITS 22-point list is somehow flawed???

Come on, fess up. Nobody will judge you for telling the truth. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
purple
post May 23 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #42

Pigeon feeders attract me

Member No.: 7,942
Region Association: None

texas doesnt suck overall. every place has its ups and downs. It's a nice place and as far as state pride is concerned...we joined the union as a seperate country, therefore our flag is the only one in the nation that can be flown at the same height as the US flag.
+Quote Post
purple
post May 23 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #43

Pigeon feeders attract me

Member No.: 7,942

QUOTE(stateofidleness @ May 23 2008, 12:22 PM) *

I like how people automatically associated "Texas" with the smallest, hole-in-the-wall cities we have... of course they're gonna be hick... every state has parts that they're ashamed of lol...

San Antonio is one of the fastest growing cities in the country, as well as Dallas/Fort Worth.

I work for a rather large grocery store chain in Texas doing surveillance and security ops, and I must say, Houston is one of our highest crime areas..

and the weather? summers are hot, winters are hot.. works for me

"9.) Texas women were for the most part beautiful .... until they opened their mouth and talked." ... you mean "spoke" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) irony?

haha, you're LP for Howard E. Butt's stores?

here, everything's better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like shopping those stores, and in san antonio, you HAVE to. everyone else is gone. houston has kroger, randalls, and your place. I like yours the best.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) You must live off of fredericksburg road if you work at their LP center, isnt corporate down Fred'sburg? or did they move it since i left SA

I used to live right behind USAA myself
+Quote Post
stateofidleness
post May 23 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 8,065

at the Arsenal Downtown.
and yep, that's my boss (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

our fred rd. location is actually being moved downtown as well to the old "Cypress Tower".

we're growin'!!!
+Quote Post
xperu
post May 23 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #45

TEXAS

Member No.: 6,213

QUOTE(purple @ May 23 2008, 01:54 PM) *

QUOTE(stateofidleness @ May 23 2008, 12:22 PM) *

I like how people automatically associated "Texas" with the smallest, hole-in-the-wall cities we have... of course they're gonna be hick... every state has parts that they're ashamed of lol...

San Antonio is one of the fastest growing cities in the country, as well as Dallas/Fort Worth.

I work for a rather large grocery store chain in Texas doing surveillance and security ops, and I must say, Houston is one of our highest crime areas..

and the weather? summers are hot, winters are hot.. works for me

"9.) Texas women were for the most part beautiful .... until they opened their mouth and talked." ... you mean "spoke" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) irony?

I live in the Houston area and work in Houston, I live in League City south of Houston, this area is booming and the housing prices are very good. There is also a lot of new development on the west wide of Houston (Katy area). Down side is the heat and humidly in the summer (Like south Florida) and being a transplanted Californian there are no mountains in this area of Texas which I really miss. Houston is a progressive and modern city, but still has some southern charm, the unemplyment is very low in theprofessional realm, companies are paying high finder fees for Engineers. No state tax, but school tax is high; this area offers some of the best colleges and universities in the U.S. and some of the best medicals centers in the world. If you’re a sports guy, this is the place to live. Mike
haha, you're LP for Howard E. Butt's stores?

here, everything's better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like shopping those stores, and in san antonio, you HAVE to. everyone else is gone. houston has kroger, randalls, and your place. I like yours the best.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) You must live off of fredericksburg road if you work at their LP center, isnt corporate down Fred'sburg? or did they move it since i left SA

I used to live right behind USAA myself

+Quote Post
ericread
post May 23 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #46

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(purple @ May 23 2008, 11:51 AM) *

texas doesnt suck overall. every place has its ups and downs. It's a nice place and as far as state pride is concerned...we joined the union as a seperate country, therefore our flag is the only one in the nation that can be flown at the same height as the US flag.

I hope you know I'm joking. I've spent a lot of time in Texas (Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Brownsville, South Padre Island) and each has it's upsides and it's downsides. But nothing has the true beauty of Midland (now I'm really kidding! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) )

The fun part is that Californians and Texans are all so self centered, it makes a great spectator sport to watch them argue over which is better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Not that people from other states are any better, they're just usally not as loud.

It's just lucky for all of you that I am 100% fair and impartial. So when I say Californai's better, you can all trust me... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Grelber
post May 23 2008, 02:31 PM
Post #47

Insert favorite Don Rickles joke here.

Member No.: 6,107
Region Association: Southwest Region

I was born and raised just north of Bakersfield, and I've lived here in North Texas for 25 years. Damn, I sure feel at home here.

And BTW, I'd rather be here than there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post May 23 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #48

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

QUOTE(ericread @ May 23 2008, 12:31 PM) *

I hope you know I'm joking. I've spent a lot of time in Texas (Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Brownsville, South Padre Island) and each has it's upsides and it's downsides. But nothing has the true beauty of Midland (now I'm really kidding! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) )

The fun part is that Californians and Texans are all so self centered, it makes a great spectator sport to watch them argue over which is better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Not that people from other states are any better, they're just usally not as loud.

It's just lucky for all of you that I am 100% fair and impartial. So when I say Californai's better, you can all trust me... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
BKLA
post May 23 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #49

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ May 22 2008, 05:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Headrage @ May 22 2008, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(purple @ May 22 2008, 04:55 PM) *

It's hard to be the butt of the nation's jokes,

Yer tellin me?

We could consider California and Texas two cheeks of the same butt... of the nation's jokes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

But... what would that mean for the people in between?

I read thru this entire thread and nobody.... Drumroll please.... NOBODY took advantage of this comment!?!? WTF!

OK - Here it is....

If California and Texas are the two cheeks of the same butt, what does that make the people in between?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

wait for it....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

A little more....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Figure it out yet....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

A$$HOLES! (Or Arizonians depending on your point of view.... OK Yuma specifically....)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Sorry - SOMEBODY had to do it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
stateofidleness
post May 23 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 8,065

i think the punchline was implied (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 23 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #51

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I think you're all f'd up. Noth'n but steers and queers in all dem der States (quick, feel around your temple lobes for horns!)

Here in the mighty "U", men are men and women are... umm... ahhh... well... plentyful, interrelated sex toys! That's it!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:16 PM