Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SOT: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Some people think their cars are gold?!?
Wanna9146
post May 27 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,595
Region Association: South East States

Went to look at a '71 /4 today. Guy was asking $3500 and kept bugging me to come look at the car. I figured for that price, it should be halfway decent, no?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) No.

I asked if it had rust. "One little bubble in the drivers door. Hmmm....OK. I need a (less) rust-free body for my /6 conversion.

He said it runs good, but there was a muffler leak. When I arrived he had it idling in the driveway. Pop, pop, pop....backfiring through the exhaust & carbs. I told him to turn it off before he does any damage. Sounds like an issue with the valves! "No"...it's just the muffler. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) "My friend works for Porsche and told me it was just the muffler". OK dude, whatever.

I pulled out the flashlight and my ice-pick. Anything & everything that could be rusted, was rusted...lower firewall, hell-hole, front suspension mounts, etc., etc. Major bubbles in all panels. Lousy interior.

I showed him all the issues and politely offered $500 for parts. He got offended and covered it up saying he'll get more on E-Bay.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) Is everyone blind? I'm no expert, but I saw all the rust right away.

Anywhooo....keep your eyes peeled on E-Bay for a "mint" 71 red 914 in SoFLA... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Wanna9146   SOT: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder   May 27 2008, 05:27 PM
Root_Werks   I have wondered when the day would come when 914 p...   May 27 2008, 06:41 PM
Wanna9146   But...the guy wasn't selling it as a parts car...   May 27 2008, 08:24 PM
scotty b   :idea: Got any pics to post so no one here bids on...   May 27 2008, 06:50 PM
Wanna9146   B)-->

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 04:42 PM