Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My shoes still smell like Gasoline
jsayre914
post May 29 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Speed Up !!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Im merging onto the freeway from a red light. First Gear...... Second gear........ Third Gear......... fourth gear..........just about to shift into 5th when sudden loss of power. The whole cockpit wreaks of gasoline. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I pull over as fast as my sway bar would allow. Kill the engine. I pop the hood and the whole bay passenger side is soaked in gasoline, everything, battery coil vacume lines there is actually a pool of gasoline on the engine shelf. Holy shit. apon closer inspection I notice the hose came off the fuel rail. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) luckly i had my nifty tool kit with me, took a while in the dark on the side of the freeway to slide it back on and tighten it down with the decel and mps and burning hot engine in the way. But I did it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) the fire extinguisher was right next to me. all in all it worked out but PHEW

moral of my story: Check all the hose clamps on your FI and make sure they are tight. I heard everyone talking about bad fuel lines bursting into flames, but you have to watch out for the guy who forgot to tighten the clamp on his brand new lines. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:13 PM