Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who is an original owner?, What did the window sticker say and do you still have it?
post Jun 2 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,791
Region Association: Southern California

Any original owners out there? Do you still have the window sticker?

I'm curious as to what they sold for. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Roy.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
smontanaro
post Jun 3 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,197
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm not the original owner but I do have the window sticker at home for my '70 /6. I think it was a touch over $6k. I'll try to remember to check it after work today.

Edit: window sticker says 6,309.50. MSRP: 6,099.00. Transportation charge, $25.50. Options were: metallic blue paint, $95.00; leather covered steering wheel, $35.00; tinted glass, $55.00.

Also, I bought a 1973 1.7l new for a touch over $5000.

Skip
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Jun 3 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Planning Cities

Member No.: 8,763

my mom is the original owner

its a 73 1.7 with the appearance package with metallic paint job (silver) and sold for $6044.23. This isnt technically off the window sticker (car was ordered) but shows the price.
+Quote Post
DonTraver
post Jun 3 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,461

My Step-Dad John was the original owner, he owned her for 30 years and then sold her to me. Sort of became a family heirloom. After John died last year, Mom told me that John had been worried about where/who his 6 would go to after he died. He was really happy that I asked about buying it and restoring it. When he sold her to me, she had 11k on a fresh engine, and everything worked. I took it from there, and everything still works.

He sold her to me for $10k. How cool was that for a rust free 1970 914-6. During the restro, I only found two spots of rust about the size of a small fingernail.

Later, Don
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 3 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #5

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

I bought mine on 8-21-72. Don't have the windoe sticker, because I lived in Kentucky - who uses the window sticker to apply sales tax when you register (doesn'r matter what you paid for the car - the sticker or Kelley book applies). Don't even ask me about the 70E I bought for a bargain fron Tn! Kentucky is VERY good at knowing how to screw you.

But...I still have my original BOS from Classic Porsche/Audi (Cincinnati). With appearance group, I paid $4295.50. A bargain, right? That was almost 50% of my annual earnings then! Times changed & paid it off in 18 months.

Don't want to think about the bucks I've spent since then for part & resto to keep it alive. But who cares when it's your only child!
Pat
+Quote Post
Nie Zu Alt
post Jun 3 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,184
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'm not the original owner, but here is the window sticker from my '73 1.7L with the same options - appearance group and silver metallic paint!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-4184-1209433675.jpg)
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jun 3 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #7

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

I have a growing collection of window stickers on my collectibles webpage at the link in my signature below.
+Quote Post
post Jun 4 2008, 12:03 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(Nie Zu Alt @ Jun 3 2008, 10:44 PM) *

I'm not the original owner, but here is the window sticker from my '73 1.7L with the same options - appearance group and silver metallic paint!

Holy cow! That's cool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Jun 4 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #9

Planning Cities

QUOTE(Nie Zu Alt @ Jun 3 2008, 10:44 PM) *

nice, notice our price difference. Mine was in Des Moines, so delivery fee was more. Also mine came with the Mahle pressure cast wheels, undercoat, and the porsche stripe kit. Amazing though
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 5 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #10

Great stuff guys, but......

Am I the ONLY one who is an original owner? Seriously doubt that. Where are the rest of you old farts? Well, actually, I'm only 61, so there has to be someone who's at least 64 who still is an original owner. Speak up!

The topic was original owners. Think hard, old farts. I don't want to be alone here.
Pat
+Quote Post
post Jun 5 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 5 2008, 08:25 PM) *

Am I the ONLY one who is an original owner? Seriously doubt that. Where are the rest of you old farts? Well, actually, I'm only 61, so there has to be someone who's at least 64 who still is an original owner. Speak up!

The topic was original owners. Think hard, old farts. I don't want to be alone here.
Pat

Wow. In today's world, keeping a car for this long is rareity. What a relationship. That Neal Young song ... "Long may you run" comes to mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZORK6nI8kg
+Quote Post
dw914er
post Jun 5 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #12

Planning Cities

Pat

well, my mom is the original owner. I am just going to get the car (legally) when i finish college. And I just happened to drive it since I had my license.

My mom is younger than you though, Pat.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 13 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(dw914er @ Jun 5 2008, 11:43 PM) *

Pat

well, my mom is the original owner. I am just going to get the car (legally) when i finish college. And I just happened to drive it since I had my license.

My mom is younger than you though, Pat.

Who isn't?
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Jun 13 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631

I'm not the original owner, but here's what I have for my car, not the best scan, but its somewhat legible.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jun 14 2008, 10:00 AM
Post #15

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(96740 @ Jun 3 2008, 01:44 AM) *

Any original owners out there? Do you still have the window sticker?

I'm curious as to what they sold for. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Roy.

Yes, yes & here's my Kardex:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Jun 23 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #16

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315

My brother purchased it and i purchased it from him 6 months later.
I have all the stickers for your entertainment.
My red folder and the maintenance book are still perfect.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Jun 24 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 6,103

I am the original owner of a 76 2.0. Took delivery in December 1975. Unfortunately I don't have and didn't think to ask for the original sticker. This was in pre-Porsche Club days and there are many things I would have done, or not done, like dealer installed undercoating. At least I had the sense not to get "factory" air conditioning, after I saw the butcher job necessary to install the condenser in the trunk.

I do have the original invoice from the dealership and the total cost including tax was $9100.00. At 24 years of age and just out of college, this was major league coin for me. I saved up $6000.00 and took a loan out for the other $3100.00. At the time I was looking for a new sportscar and narrowed it down to 3 choices; Corvette, Porsche 914 or Lancia Beta Scorpion (remember those). I actually had a 4th choice which was the newly introduced 924, but being an Air Cooled guy (or kid) I just didn't float my boat. I ruled out the Lancia and figured, in the long run I would run into parts availability problems, not to mention a sparton dealer network. That left the Corvette and the 914. I went to a Chevy dealer to test drive and, as they say in Mexico; No way, Jose. I trotted off to the Porsche dealer and they literally threw me the keys and let me take it for a spin! As my friend in the car business says, "Feel of the wheel is half the deal". Returning from the test drive I plunked down my deposit and purchased this Malaga Red/ Black interior 914 2.0, loaded with every factory option except the aforementioned A/C. It was supposed to have a Tan interior but that's another story.

Dave

+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Jun 24 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 7,438

QUOTE(dcheek @ Jun 24 2008, 05:39 PM) *

I am the original owner of a 76 2.0. Took delivery in December 1975. Unfortunately I don't have and didn't think to ask for the original sticker. This was in pre-Porsche Club days and there are many things I would have done, or not done, like dealer installed undercoating. At least I had the sense not to get "factory" air conditioning, after I saw the butcher job necessary to install the condenser in the trunk.
Dave

C'mon Dave, tell some more stories! Good to see you post. I called you about a year and a half ago to ask if you were willing to sell your beauty (of course you weren't). Seeing your car and Paterek's America at club events NNJR in the 80's are among the high points of my Porsche experience!

Paul
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Jun 25 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 6,103

Paul,

Thanks for the kind words.

Dave
+Quote Post
jk76.914
post Jun 25 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 3,925

OK guys. Get ready for sticker shock. I'm not the original owner, but this IS our 25th summer together.

Here's the sticker- read it and weep!

Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 08:15 PM