Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are 914's Being Recognized Now?, New 911 Carrera Driver gave Thumbs up
914Sixer
post Jun 5 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

I was moving along Interstate 10 with a 914 from East Texas, when a new 911 Carrera came along side slowly, checked out the 914 and gave a thumbs up. I thought it was kind of cool he even knew what it was. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SGB
post Jun 5 2008, 07:01 AM
Post #2

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

It is kinda fun to get the nod from someone driving a car that is worth ten times mine's value.
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jun 5 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #3

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

Neuvo Riche, he'll get over it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 5 2008, 08:31 AM
Post #4

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

Maybe he thought you were "Hot"? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Are you now his very special friend? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Jun 5 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #5

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Not that I get approached all that often in the 914, but 99 out of 100 people don't even know what it is. This person in the newer 911 was probably that 1 of a 100. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jun 5 2008, 08:37 AM
Post #6

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Interestingly, I have recently noticed the same thing, and I've been driving mine since 1982. I even had a guy driving a Ferrari in Newport Beach do the same. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 5 2008, 05:52 AM) *

I was moving along Interstate 10 with a 914 from East Texas, when a new 911 Carrera came along side slowly, checked out the 914 and gave a thumbs up. I thought it was kind of cool he even knew what it was. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
AvalonFal
post Jun 5 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 4,367
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 5 2008, 08:52 AM) *

Are you sure it was his "thumb"???

Paul
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Jun 5 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #8

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984

He was just checking the wind direction for his next shot to the green.
+Quote Post
purple
post Jun 5 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #9

Pigeon feeders attract me

Member No.: 7,942

I've been waved at by a guy in a 993 cab on westpark tollway in houston. he seemed pretty stoked to see it.

Are you sure it didnt look like this?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
buck toenges
post Jun 5 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,388

I have been waving to caymens, boxters and even an old 944 while in my old '95 993 cab lately. They just ignore me. I have to double check to see if I have been driving my 914. So.... a '95 933 is now the new 914. NRP - No respect porsche
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 5 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #11

The Viper Blue 914

It all comes down to who's (whom's?) driving the other Porsche. There are a lot of Porsches down her in Orange County (SoCal), and it appears to me the older folks that know what they're driving tend to wave. For example I was driving in Irvine the other day when a brand new Cayman passed me going the opposite way. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that it was being driven by an older gentleman, and as he passed, I saw something... My passenger told me that he had rolled down his window to wave at us, smoething I would have never expected!

Now the younger drivers with their pneumatic trophy wives don't seem to even see me. But I wouldn't expect most of these guys even know what they're driving... (the car or the girl).

It doesn't really bother me because for the people that appear to be so status-ridden that they have no time for me, I wouldn't really want to waste my time with them. We wouldn't have a lot in common...

As for the other drivers (of both normal and exotic cars), they may not wave all the time, but they sure stretch their necks taking a look. (Maybe it is my incredibly handsome and manly looks they are looking at... but I doubt it).

Quick story: I was driving east on the 55 the other day and a new Masarati was following right behind me. In pretty heavy traffic, I was driving beside a SUV (with out of state plates) that had a 10-12 year old in the back seat. I thought the kid was going to break his neck trying to get a look at the Masarati! I changed lanes and got beside the Masarati, pointing out the young passenger in the SUV. The Masarati driver waved and pulled up next to the SUV, where the young passenger get his camera and took a number of pics. Now that was pretty cool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

+Quote Post
purple
post Jun 5 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 5 2008, 01:15 PM) *

It all comes down to who's (whom's?) driving the other Porsche. There are a lot of Porsches down her in Orange County (SoCal), and it appears to me the older folks that know what they're driving tend to wave. For example I was driving in Irvine the other day when a brand new Cayman passed me going the opposite way. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that it was being driven by an older gentleman, and as he passed, I saw something... My passenger told me that he had rolled down his window to wave at us, smoething I would have never expected!

Now the younger drivers with their pneumatic trophy wives don't seem to even see me. But I wouldn't expect most of these guys even know what they're driving... (the car or the girl).

It doesn't really bother me because for the people that appear to be so status-ridden that they have no time for me, I wouldn't really want to waste my time with them. We wouldn't have a lot in common...

As for the other drivers (of both normal and exotic cars), they may not wave all the time, but they sure stretch their necks taking a look. (Maybe it is my incredibly handsome and manly looks they are looking at... but I doubt it).

Quick story: I was driving east on the 55 the other day and a new Masarati was following right behind me. In pretty heavy traffic, I was driving beside a SUV (with out of state plates) that had a 10-12 year old in the back seat. I thought the kid was going to break his neck trying to get a look at the Masarati! I changed lanes and got beside the Masarati, pointing out the young passenger in the SUV. The Masarati driver waved and pulled up next to the SUV, where the young passenger get his camera and took a number of pics. Now that was pretty cool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

You sir, have thumbed the pages of Aldous Huxley...

At least we are consuming transport, us lowly deltas... have you had your soma today?
+Quote Post
brer
post Jun 5 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,736

Paradise Lost- NO! Brave New World. HA!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
purple
post Jun 5 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(brer @ Jun 5 2008, 01:45 PM) *

Paradise Lost- NO! Brave New World. HA!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Win. And praise Ford to you!
+Quote Post
helios
post Jun 5 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 9,055
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(buck toenges @ Jun 5 2008, 10:40 AM) *

I have been waving to caymens, boxters and even an old 944 while in my old '95 993 cab lately. They just ignore me. I have to double check to see if I have been driving my 914. So.... a '95 933 is now the new 914. NRP - No respect porsche

The driver of the 944 was probably stunned. I know I was when I got a wave from a NICE black 993 while in my old 944. Not the ones you typically get kudos from while driving the "bastard" (i use the term affectionately) Porsches. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 5 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #16

The Viper Blue 914

QUOTE(purple @ Jun 5 2008, 11:44 AM) *

At least we are consuming transport, us lowly deltas... have you had your soma today?

WOW, that's some pretty heady shit form a guy with a "Fish Assholes" avatar! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

"...thumbed the pages of Aldus Huxley..." Isn't that the guy who sold Pagemaker to Adbobe? Yeah, I'm feelin smarterer now...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

+Quote Post
blitZ
post Jun 5 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #17

Beer please...

Member No.: 4,719

I give the flash when I see Porsche coming the other way. i think 5% respond, the rest probably think I'm warning them about a speed trap. Bring back the flash.
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 5 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #18

The Viper Blue 914

QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 5 2008, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(purple @ Jun 5 2008, 11:44 AM) *

WOW, that's some pretty heady shit form a guy with a "Fish Assholes" avatar! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

"...thumbed the pages of Aldus Huxley..." Isn't that the guy who sold Pagemaker to Adbobe? Yeah, I'm feelin smarterer now...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Dang, it's been a long time since I've read Huxley - probably back to my college days (early 70's!!!).

At least I can say that I'm proud to live in the Brave New World... Or am I ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

You sir should change your avatar to read "Intelligent, educated and well read man, with Fish Assholes" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
purple
post Jun 5 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #19

not just any kind of fish assholes, GERMAN STYLE Fish Assholes. LOL

I'm shocked when I read something written in the 30's that so damned accurate about today...
+Quote Post
Betty
post Jun 5 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #20

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

QUOTE(blitZ @ Jun 5 2008, 02:47 PM) *

I give the flash when I see Porsche coming the other way. i think 5% respond, the rest probably think I'm warning them about a speed trap. Bring back the flash.

Umm... what kind of "flash" are we talking about here?
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 12:33 AM