Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are 914's Being Recognized Now?, New 911 Carrera Driver gave Thumbs up
dw914er
post Jun 6 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #41

Planning Cities

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,763
Region Association: Southern California

whoa? Whats up with that driver. if i see a 914 while driving, its rare. So you bet your ass that ill either wave, or try to catch up to it if i am behind it. Thats how i ended up meeting some of the inland empire 914s. I saw the cars, and was like "HEY a 914! Very nice, I have one too" or something like that
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 6 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #42

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(dw914er @ Jun 6 2008, 08:52 PM) *

whoa? Whats up with that driver. if i see a 914 while driving, its rare. So you bet your ass that ill either wave, or try to catch up to it if i am behind it. Thats how i ended up meeting some of the inland empire 914s. I saw the cars, and was like "HEY a 914! Very nice, I have one too" or something like that

So you're the stalker that keeps following me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jun 7 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #43

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

Not gonna make it sorry....gotta deal with the Whine and Cheese assholes at the PCA breakfast. I need to promote the August 10th AX, since none of youse assbites have signed up.....I have ten taildraggers paid, with 40 more slots open.

It's a non zone event so, any car can run......hell, bring your hair dresser's Miata....
+Quote Post
ntrylvl
post Jun 13 2008, 12:03 AM
Post #44

Obsessed

Member No.: 4,258
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

When I'm in the 914:

1) Other 914 drivers always wave or give a thumbs-up.
2) Most people in older Porsches (any model) wave or flash.
3) Most people in newer Porsches don't even look my way.

When I'm in the C4S, only people in newer Porsches tend to wave or flash. Maybe teener owners see the C4S and think I'm one of the snobby new Porsche owner types??

I haven't had the 3.2 long enough to get a feel for who is and is not friendly, but the first Porsche I saw on the drive home after buying the 3.2 was a Boxster, and the driver gave me a big thumbs up as I passed by.

Chris

+Quote Post
Grngoat
post Jun 13 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #45

Lurker Member

Member No.: 2,967
Region Association: Southwest Region

Odd, but I almost always get some sort of attention when I am in the 914. I drove it to work today. While going out to lunch some kid in the passenger seat of an SUV was going crazy trying to keep me in sight. My friend riding to lunch with me was much amused. "It happens all the time", I told him. Driving home, I had some guy in a Toyota or somesuch give me a thumbs up on the highway.

I don't worry too much about the newer Porsche drivers. Don't need their approval. I'd much rather have the little kids admiration. My nephews love my car, always want a ride in it.
+Quote Post
GringoLoco
post Jun 13 2008, 01:54 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 9,100
Region Association: None

Currently I ride a Harley or drive a Jeep Wrangler (TJ). So on my bike I gotta wave to other bikes, and in my Jeep I gotta wave to other Jeeps. In the summer I take the top and doors off my Jeep and end up getting confused and wave to bikes and forget to wave to Jeeps. Then I'll get my bike and go the other way, start waving to Jeeps and miss the bikes, lol. This is really gonna get confusing when I get a 914.

It's funny about the whole "911's won't wave to me" thing. There's something like that going on everywhere. Harley riders bitch that sportbikes don't wave to them, or Sportster riders bitch that big twin riders don't wave to them. Jeep owners (2006 and earlier Wranglers and CJ's) bitch that JK (2007+ Wranglers) owners don't wave because they're all soccer moms, or they'll bitch that CJ owners think they're too good to wave to TJ/YJ owners... it's hilarious going to other forums and seeing the same old shit on every forum. I don't know a damn thing about Corvettes other than they wave, but I guarantee if I start hanging out on a Vette forum I'll find out that C1-C4 owners are pissed because C5 owners think they're too good to wave.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Jun 13 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #47

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105

Michelle and I went for a drive around the lake yesterday. Spoted a black 308 and the guy couldn't take his eyes off the 914. I thought to myself this guy might actually know what I am driving. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
helios
post Jun 13 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 9,055

Had the coolest acknowledgement last night as I was leaving the grocery store last night. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, a kid (6-7yo) with his mom were walking out of the store. The kid actually quit walking and just stared. I gave him a little wave as I drove past (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) , and he waved back (a bit sheepishly). As I'm pulling away I glanced back in the rear view, he's walking away holding his mom's hand...with his head spun backwards on his shoulders. He just could not take his eyes off of it (and my car isn't that pretty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ). I'm thinking a possible future teener?
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jun 13 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #49

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

I was driving to do an open house and I decided to takes my 914. As I am puting out my signs a guy drived up in a E55 AMG and asks if it is a six. I told him yes and he offers me 20k for it right there. I kinda had a hard time saying sorry. It's worth much more than that to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
scottb
post Jun 13 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #50

who wants a PEZ?!

Member No.: 32
Region Association: North East States

i was given a thumbs up from a black cayman the other day. pretty cool.

+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Jun 13 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #51

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032

QUOTE(GringoLoco @ Jun 12 2008, 11:54 PM) *

Currently I ride a Harley or drive a Jeep Wrangler (TJ). So on my bike I gotta wave to other bikes, and in my Jeep I gotta wave to other Jeeps. In the summer I take the top and doors off my Jeep and end up getting confused and wave to bikes and forget to wave to Jeeps. Then I'll get my bike and go the other way, start waving to Jeeps and miss the bikes, lol. This is really gonna get confusing when I get a 914.

Every time I see a Jeep I have a reflex to wave... even if I'm driving my truck or my wife's 3. I usually manage to curtail the reflex, but it always make me wish I was driving my Jeep. Jeep chicks don't wave... they think I'm trying to hit on them or something. Get over yourself.

I think that with any older enthusiast car, people will wave if they see someone else driving the same thing. I used to have a 280Z, and people would wave. My wife got more waves than I did, though... but I don't think it was guys trying to hit on her, it was guys that thought it was cool for a chick to be driving a cool car.
+Quote Post
Slider
post Jun 13 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #52

Problems are like cockroaches you find 1 and theres a 100 more

Member No.: 7,591
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I normally run into a guy driving this nicely restored 60's Jag prob XKE hes an older gentleman and always waves and gives me a thumbs up..

I have yet since ive been back in Fort Collins Run into another 914.. just not that many up here..i guess..or maybe they are all up on jackstands..
+Quote Post
SGB
post Jun 13 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #53

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Today I ran along beside a stunning deep black BMW Z-3 coupe. The BMW driver kept gesturing at my car (a freindly, multifingered gesture BTW) and I kept pointing at his. He honked a bit when he exited to the right with a slight torque induced squiggle.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:21 PM