Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I give up! Too many messed up people with 914s, Boycott deutchclassic!
Dr Evil
post Jun 7 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So I was sent a listing for a 73 that looked to be in good shape and was being sold for $2500 about 1.5hrs north of me in Hellertown, PA. I contacted the guy and arranged to look at/purchase it this AM. He said to call him this AM before I left to make sure he was there. He didnt answer at 10am when I called, so I waited. He wanted to do this before 12, but I didnt want to startup there before I heard from him (I did that before and was burned when the guy sold the car before I got there). I get a hold of him at 11 and arrange to come up. I tell him I have money with me and I am hitting the road at that time.

I get to within 20min of this guys house and he calls me to tell me he just sold it. He said that that is the way the car biz is. I was pissed as that was 2+ hrs and $30 in gas I cant get back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) WTF is wrong with people!? A mans word is nothing to some, apparently. The guy selling the car was Bill Komoroski who happens to be one of the folks who throws the Deutchclassic near Hellertown every year. Screw that. I will never go there. If this is the kind of folks that this attracts, I would rather not be associated.

I am soooo freaking pissed off at the moment I cant sit still. This is not the first time I have been dealt with this way. I am pretty freaking fed up with looking for a car in the rust belt. Nothing like wasting time for lower quality junk and difficult people.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
i love porsche
post Jun 7 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,030
Region Association: North East States

wow..that really sucks, i hate it when people are like that, im sorry man
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jun 7 2008, 01:01 PM
Post #3

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

WTF is wrong with people!? A mans word is nothing to some, apparently.

I saw Komoroski's email on Deed's 914 list... didn't realize that you got punked on the deal till I saw this post after.

Sorry to hear what happened - I can relate. When dealing with someone I don't know... I try not to expect too much anymore.

I'm still watching for a car for you, I'm sure others are too. Saw one the other day, ended up being a real rusted-out turd. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Hang in there... the right car will come along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 7 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378

what is deed's 914 list? start looking westward mike.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jun 7 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #5

The Yahoo 914 group run by Dennis Deeds & the "Owners Association".
+Quote Post
stepuptotheMike
post Jun 7 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #6

medium pimpin

Member No.: 6,769
Region Association: South East States

That is pretty shitty. Should have held it at least for you to get there and look at it. Just mark it in your book of people not to deal with.

-Mike
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Jun 7 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #7

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

That sucks.

Can't trust anyone these days it seems. Same thing happened to me last year looking for a car for my kid. Found an A4 in Philly on AutoTrader, called the guy and said I would be down to look at it. He said no one has looked at it and I asked him to please let me have first dibs today as I am driving over an hour to get there. He said ok.

So I take off for Philly an hour later, get there a little over 2 hours after talking to him and told the guy (who owned a tire shop) I'd like to look at the car. He calmly answers that he just sold it to a guy who walked in about 1/2 hour ago. Sorry. WTF?

I feel for you Evil. Anyways I wouldn't trust any car here in the NE unless it has roots in the left coast or southwest.

Spoke
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jun 7 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #8

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

The guy selling the car was Bill Komoroski who happens to be one of the folks who throws the Deutchclassic near Hellertown every year. Screw that. I will never go there.

Just wanted to make sure I got that name right.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jun 7 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #9

Wm. L. Komoroski
ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration
Springtown, PA.
(800) 962-1102
www.Master-Disaster.com
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jun 7 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #10

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 7 2008, 02:40 PM) *

So I was sent a listing for a 73 that looked to be in good shape and was being sold for $2500 about 1.5hrs north of me in Hellertown, PA. I contacted the guy and arranged to look at/purchase it this AM. He said to call him this AM before I left to make sure he was there. He didnt answer at 10am when I called, so I waited. He wanted to do this before 12, but I didnt want to startup there before I heard from him (I did that before and was burned when the guy sold the car before I got there). I get a hold of him at 11 and arrange to come up. I tell him I have money with me and I am hitting the road at that time.

I get to within 20min of this guys house and he calls me to tell me he just sold it. He said that that is the way the car biz is. I was pissed as that was 2+ hrs and $30 in gas I cant get back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) WTF is wrong with people!? A mans word is nothing to some, apparently. The guy selling the car was Bill Komoroski who happens to be one of the folks who throws the Deutchclassic near Hellertown every year. Screw that. I will never go there. If this is the kind of folks that this attracts, I would rather not be associated.

I am soooo freaking pissed off at the moment I cant sit still. This is not the first time I have been dealt with this way. I am pretty freaking fed up with looking for a car in the rust belt. Nothing like wasting time for lower quality junk and difficult people.

I think that in your target price range you should honestly stop looking at ANY cars on this coast...they will all be projects.

Buy a tub in CA, a roller should be 200-1k.
Shipping is 600-1k
For less than 2k you are all set to go to work on a tub.

Think about buying a car out here that you will end up having to spend time stripping anyways....just buy a stripped tub and move on with the project.

There might be 1k of stuff you can sell, but it will take a year to sell it.

I vote you stop looking at drivers and buy a roller and ship it...we ship rollers all the time, I have a few shippers that have no problem with rollers.

Get a good solid tub that is ready for body work and start stripping your old car.

If you get a car from southern CA...you might be able to work a deal and get it painted accross the boarder before it gets shipped...save a few bucks that way...

Rich
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Jun 7 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #11

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Rusty @ Jun 7 2008, 01:24 PM) *

Wm. L. Komoroski
ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration
Springtown, PA.
(800) 962-1102
www.Master-Disaster.com

Ya been baited by the master .................... The Cap'n
+Quote Post
wilchek
post Jun 7 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,177

That sucks he could of at least been up front and told you someone else was coming to check it out and give you a call after the other guy did not want it. I hate when people do this, no one has any integrity anymore. I bought my motorcycle last year just because the guy had integrity and held if for me as I was the first to call and told me he would give me first shot. Don't let it get you down if the guys treats business like that who knows what he did to cut corners on the car.

On a side note I spoke to the guy with the car on the Samba. I was trying to get out to see it today but the baby had other plans. He said he would not be around tomorrow. He is about 30 minutes west from me so he may be closer to you than you realize. He is about 5 miles from the Reading exit off the turnpike. Let me know if you want me to try and set up something this week.
+Quote Post
JackB
post Jun 7 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 6,115

I once spent $1000 in expenses going to look at a car after the seller and I had agreed on price, subject to my inspection. When I got there he told me that the price was too low. I agreed to pay more. When I got home he sent an email saying he decided not to sell. Didn't offer to reimburse any of my expenses.

PS: He's a psychiatrist. Maybe this is how he gets new patients.

Jack
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 7 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(wilchek @ Jun 7 2008, 04:58 PM) *

That sucks he could of at least been up front and told you someone else was coming to check it out and give you a call after the other guy did not want it. I hate when people do this, no one has any integrity anymore. I bought my motorcycle last year just because the guy had integrity and held if for me as I was the first to call and told me he would give me first shot. Don't let it get you down if the guys treats business like that who knows what he did to cut corners on the car.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/style_images/...mages/email.gif
Insert Email
On a side note I spoke to the guy with the car on the Samba. I was trying to get out to see it today but the baby had other plans. He said he would not be around tomorrow. He is about 30 minutes west from me so he may be closer to you than you realize. He is about 5 miles from the Reading exit off the turnpike. Let me know if you want me to try and set up something this week.

Dan, Dont bother with the bucket. Its likely not worth the effort.

I have my army scouring the west looking for a qualifying tub. I am done with driving even an hour to inspect the ones here. This weekend is my last weekend for a long time where I will have time to look at cars. That was part of the suckage.

Rich, I will be in contact when I eventually find a tub. I expected $2500 to be too good of a deal in this neighborhood. I am betting the car was actually fraught with hidden problems. I could have spent the $30 on something non-Arab, though....like scotch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thanks for the pep talking, fellas. The last 914 I tried to buy ended up in the owner threatening to kick my ass if I didnt leave and 6 hours of a wasted trip. The owner was an obvious coke head and lived in thousand oaks, ca. I guess I am still bitter about that one as well.

Next >>>
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jun 7 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #15

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

The guy has posted on the Yahoo 914 Group that the car sold. Want me to reply and slam his ass? I'd be happy to. Or I could just copy and paste you first post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
3d914
post Jun 7 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

Mike,

Hang in there and try not to get too bitter about it. The only antidote we have for people like that are people like you who choose not to be so loose with THEIR WORD.

I occasionally remind my teenage son - If you're not good for your word, what are you good for?

Keep smiling,
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 7 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 7 2008, 05:50 PM) *

The guy has posted on the Yahoo 914 Group that the car sold. Want me to reply and slam his ass? I'd be happy to. Or I could just copy and paste you first post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Paul,
If you have an opinion on the subject, and wish to reply to his post, far be it from me to stop you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
tod914
post Jun 7 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

That sucks Mike. Had that happen several times as well. Cars either being
completely misrepresented or owners backing out on deals after travel arrangements have been made. The right one will come along. Usually
see some reasonably priced ones in the local Auto trader.
+Quote Post
SGB
post Jun 7 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #19

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Don't worry!

Damn.

You nearly bought a CERTAIN POS. It would have had hideous problems. FATE says "move on." I believe the car may need to come from Preservationia too.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jun 7 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #20

En Garde!

Member No.: 1,435

When Mike called me on the way back home, I could feel the fury through the phone. I had to shower afterwards.

Okay, so I had to shower cause the baby spit up on me right before Mike called...

Anyhow, what time am I coming over tomorrow?

Zach
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 02:25 AM