Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Is it just me?, Is this place getting worse?
turboman808
post Jun 11 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,505
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 11 2008, 10:12 AM) *

What really fries my ass is when people (forum members) bring you something to be repaired and don't have the common decency to pick it up and pay for it for more than a year! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)

Well thats to counteract it taking me over a year to get my car to you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I did try to purchase something from a forum member last month. They responded to my first email saying that yes they had it in stock. I emailed back saying I would like to buy it then. Never got an email for 2 weeks. I did get a phone message that was about 5 seconds long and something about 914 parts and a number that was blocked. Then 2 weeks later I got an email wanting to know what happened and did I still want the parts. Somewhere along the way we got our wires crossed.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Other then this I haven't had any problems on this board buying or selling.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Jun 11 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #22

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So far all of my transactions have been very favorable...
+Quote Post
shelby/914
post Jun 11 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 4,655
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have bought and sold quite a few things here over the last few years, never really a problem. Like everyone else, I don't like giving paypal a cut, but it does work, and it works immediately. No waiting for checks to arrive and clear. Sorry you got jerked around by a few of the bad apples.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jun 11 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #24

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

You are going to deal with this no matter where you try to buy or sell. I have GIVEN much of my parts to members and sometimes it is hard making sure the first person that wanted it gets it. Many of the people in this community are good and decent people that try to do things the best they can. Even still, I have sent money to people that did not ever get there so I had to send another check. However, for those that want it and are trying to find a way to pay for it, maybe they are really trying like hell to figure out a way to pay but are too embarressed to say anything about that. So they say they are sending the money. Not one of those guys you commented on really harmed you. Just an inconvience. So why are your panties all in a bunch?
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 11 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #25

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

You have just dissapointed a lot of members... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 11 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

I've had nothing but good things come from buying & selling on the boards. Most times I talk with people on the phone before I seal the deal. I trust my judgement & if the people are cool overall I figure it will work out. I've sent a few parts out at my expense. Depends on the part but I'll ship it. If it works for you pay me the agreed upon price. If not you can pay to ship it back. Either way I think our community as a whole is great.

Having said that I have noticed few issues here & there with people. Really it comes down to respect. In our world today it is so easy to get on a board & blast someone. This seems to be happening more & more. Sometimes it is warranted but many times people just need to relax. Bottom line is the old addage "treat people like you want to be treated" . If you like being treated like crap then this rule doesn't apply to you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
michaelt55
post Jun 11 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #27

Graduate of Life's experiences

Member No.: 6,753
Region Association: None

MOST of my interactions with purchases have been stellar...however..I still have one on the fringes that worrys me.. Its been a month..no response..

Michael
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 11 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #28

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 11 2008, 07:26 AM) *

Is it just me?

you nailed it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Jun 11 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #29

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Since I found this site I have been buying parts from many diff vendors, I have had nothing but good experience, I never even heard the term Pay it Foreward befor this site. I thank all of the vendors here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Everyone needs to communicate

I like the idea of having phone numbers of people I deal with. It makes me more comfortable if I am making a purchase I will give my number, that dosnt mean someone will pick up the phone, but hey KARMA......they will get theirs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr. Roger
post Jun 11 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #30

A bat out of hell.

Member No.: 3,533

100% of the people I've dealt with here have been "of high integrity", or "above the call of duty", in my humble experience.

<is this place getting worse?>
I've seen this place continually improve.

Don't worry, If I was you I'd be frustrated too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jun 11 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #31

Custom Member

Member No.: 124

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 11 2008, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 11 2008, 07:26 AM) *

Is it just me?

you nailed it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Andy

Yup, its Karma.

Rich
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 11 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #32

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

$400 shipping for wheels!!? how many? 20+? about shipping quotes...if you want a part, you want a part. period!! NOT depending on shipping costs. shipping is what shipping is. don't make a person put other potencial buyers on hold. if the ad lingers make your move. that's why using the USPS flat rate priority is so handy. when you recieve a part flat rate, the actual price you pay is roughly $10+fuel to and from the p.o.+time less and the parts are usually damn sight cheaper than the ones available thru most used parts sellers (real biz style). i remember being gouged. shit parts too.

k
+Quote Post
zonedoubt
post Jun 11 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #33

Canadian Member

Member No.: 696
Region Association: Canada

What about creating a Buyer/Seller feedback forum here kinda like they have the The Samba boards.
+Quote Post
stateofidleness
post Jun 11 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 8,065

think it's been suggested before, but like the admins say.. that's not really what this forum is for, just a side "service" that has become available... with feedback comes some kind of responsibility or something..

on another forum (slickdeals.net), they have a "reputation" system which is kinda cool
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jun 11 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #35

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Well...in MY defence. I was replying for a friend that said he wanted it...HE flaked on me....

As to are we getting worse....don't think so. In my case my patience is wearing thinner due to kids, age and the general disgust I have with life in general. So maybe THAT's IT...plus yer from Boston and you guys think ya own the world now that the Sox won the freaking Series....

I seem to remember being happier when I was broke and living in a one bedroom shotgun shack in Hermosa Beach for $165 a month that I split with a Betty that I had an informal sleeping arrangment with....Dawn Patrol, shotgunning a warm Coors and doing the Wedge....

Young Dumb and Full of Crap....
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jun 11 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #36

Custom Member

Member No.: 124

QUOTE((*)(*) @ Jun 11 2008, 08:53 PM) *

Well...in MY defence. I was replying for a friend that said he wanted it...HE flaked on me....

As to are we getting worse....don't think so. In my case my patience is wearing thinner due to kids, age and the general disgust I have with life in general. So maybe THAT's IT...plus yer from Boston and you guys think ya own the world now that the Sox won the freaking Series....

I seem to remember being happier when I was broke and living in a one bedroom shotgun shack in Hermosa Beach for $165 a month that I split with a Betty that I had an informal sleeping arrangment with....Dawn Patrol, shotgunning a warm Coors and doing the Wedge....

Young Dumb and Full of Crap....

I was not dissing you. You communicated...that is all I ask.
Redsox, Patriots and Celtics...oh you like the lakers right....

Rich
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 11 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #37

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 11 2008, 05:39 PM) *

$400 shipping for wheels!!? how many? 20+? about shipping quotes...if you want a part, you want a part. period!! NOT depending on shipping costs. shipping is what shipping is. don't make a person put other potencial buyers on hold. if the ad lingers make your move. that's why using the USPS flat rate priority is so handy. when you recieve a part flat rate, the actual price you pay is roughly $10+fuel to and from the p.o.+time less and the parts are usually damn sight cheaper than the ones available thru most used parts sellers (real biz style). i remember being gouged. shit parts too.

k

No kidding Kevin, 4 Fuch 5 lugs 16X7 and 16X6... I did a quick estimate on my own and UPS Ground would have been about $60... When he gave me that shipping estimate i responded quickly with "I'll pass..." It turned out to be an 18 year old kid.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 11 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #38

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

backing out of a $400 shipping fee is not included in my rant. there's something seriously wrong with that and the whole transaction would be suspect.

k
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jun 11 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #39

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jun 11 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #40

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

you're all a bunch of dickhats. I'm moving over to the Miata forum. At least they know they're gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 06:56 PM