Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Front-End... A-ARM Bushings, What do you do?
jesiv
post Jun 28 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,975
Region Association: Northern California

My front right-rear a-arm bushing has severe play! So I figure, I need to replace the bushings in my a arms. I have heard that stock rubber bushings are not available. But I think I saw some on the bird site. So as I try to decide what to do and find parts the problem festers... So what is the most obvious “upgrade”.. replace “all” the bushing, in the front end, koni shocks, front sway bar, turbo tie-rods. Currently the front end is stock no sway bar. What would you do?

Regards,

James
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jun 28 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #2

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Edited , just like the original post,
I give up....

Rich
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jun 28 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #3

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Well, it really depends on your mechanical experience. I would drop your front end and check everything over. If you find anything to be bad replace it. As for the bushings, if you are just wanting something for a street car I would do the derilin bushings. You need to take some material off to get them to fit right but when you do they fit very nice. Makes you front suspension nice. If you are wanting a track set-up I would do the Elephant Racing set-up. Very nice bushings that are very smooth.

On the other stuff, a front sway will make your car feel great. The Konis will be good as well. Turbo tie rods are nice but I didn't feel as big a difference as I thought I would. Torsion bars can help if you are going to go for more of a track set-up but then you need to do the rear as well.
+Quote Post
ejm
post Jun 29 2008, 05:35 AM
Post #4

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Member No.: 224
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 29 2008, 01:52 AM) *

If you find anything to be bad replace it. As for the bushings, if you are just wanting something for a street car I would do the derilin bushings. You need to take some material off to get them to fit right but when you do they fit very nice. Makes you front suspension nice.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Check out these delrin bushing's. They can be installed without special tools, no pressing or reaming is needed. If the rest of the front end is good a front anti-sway will make a noticeable improvement in handling. If your A arms don't have brackets for the links get some welded on while doing the bushing repair.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 29 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #5

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

balljoints too. be done with it. if you don't know their age the front wheels bearing. be done with it.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 29 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #6

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

FreeMotion Upgrade... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Delrin are a suitable replacement.
+Quote Post
TeenerTim
post Jun 30 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,253
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 29 2008, 02:36 PM) *

balljoints too. be done with it. if you don't know their age the front wheels bearing. be done with it.

Exactly. I replaced the bushings, wheel bearings, the torsion bars, ball joints, turbo tie-rods, and added an anti-sway bar too. It was all part of my five lug conversion. I also got rebuilt calipers from PMB and new hoses and rotors are coming soon. While I was at it I installed the bump-steer kit. I'll be good to go with no worries since everything will be new.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 05:08 AM