Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front-End... A-ARM Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
My front right-rear a-arm bushing has severe play! So I figure, I need to replace the bushings in my a arms. I have heard that stock rubber bushings are not available. But I think I saw some on the bird site. So as I try to decide what to do and find parts the problem festers... So what is the most obvious “upgrade”.. replace “all” the bushing, in the front end, koni shocks, front sway bar, turbo tie-rods. Currently the front end is stock no sway bar. What would you do?

Regards,

James
r_towle
Edited , just like the original post,
I give up....

Rich
PeeGreen 914
Well, it really depends on your mechanical experience. I would drop your front end and check everything over. If you find anything to be bad replace it. As for the bushings, if you are just wanting something for a street car I would do the derilin bushings. You need to take some material off to get them to fit right but when you do they fit very nice. Makes you front suspension nice. If you are wanting a track set-up I would do the Elephant Racing set-up. Very nice bushings that are very smooth.

On the other stuff, a front sway will make your car feel great. The Konis will be good as well. Turbo tie rods are nice but I didn't feel as big a difference as I thought I would. Torsion bars can help if you are going to go for more of a track set-up but then you need to do the rear as well.
ejm
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 29 2008, 01:52 AM) *

If you find anything to be bad replace it. As for the bushings, if you are just wanting something for a street car I would do the derilin bushings. You need to take some material off to get them to fit right but when you do they fit very nice. Makes you front suspension nice.

agree.gif Check out these delrin bushing's. They can be installed without special tools, no pressing or reaming is needed. If the rest of the front end is good a front anti-sway will make a noticeable improvement in handling. If your A arms don't have brackets for the links get some welded on while doing the bushing repair.
rhodyguy
balljoints too. be done with it. if you don't know their age the front wheels bearing. be done with it.
McMark
FreeMotion Upgrade... wink.gif

Delrin are a suitable replacement.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 29 2008, 02:36 PM) *

balljoints too. be done with it. if you don't know their age the front wheels bearing. be done with it.

Exactly. I replaced the bushings, wheel bearings, the torsion bars, ball joints, turbo tie-rods, and added an anti-sway bar too. It was all part of my five lug conversion. I also got rebuilt calipers from PMB and new hoses and rotors are coming soon. While I was at it I installed the bump-steer kit. I'll be good to go with no worries since everything will be new.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.