Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> looking for PPI Fresno, need another set of eyes
fadedbluejeans59
post Jun 30 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,230
Region Association: Central California

I'm new to the 914 world, I have owned a '69 912, and it was a simple project car. I need someone local who would be willing to view a car with me who could advise me. the car i'm looking at is a '70, rather rough, but appears to be fixable. i don't weld and don't know how much rust would be acceptable. thanks, Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dbgriffith75
post Jun 30 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #2

TheGrif

Member No.: 7,945
Region Association: Upper MidWest

the car i'm looking at is a '70, rather rough, but appears to be fixable. i don't weld and don't know how much rust would be acceptable.

They're all fixable. It's just a matter of to what extent you're willing to spend, and how much time you have to put towards the project. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

If there's no one in your area that could help you out, see if the current owner will let you snap some pics of the car and then post them on the boards here. Two things to check in particular would be the hell hole and the floorboards- those seem to be the worst problem area's for 914's... or at least, that's the worst I've seen since I joined.

And by the way... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Jun 30 2008, 09:49 AM
Post #3

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

QUOTE(fadedbluejeans59 @ Jun 30 2008, 08:09 AM) *

I'm new to the 914 world, I have owned a '69 912, and it was a simple project car. I need someone local who would be willing to view a car with me who could advise me. the car i'm looking at is a '70, rather rough, but appears to be fixable. i don't weld and don't know how much rust would be acceptable. thanks, Jim

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) I'm in Visalia (40 minutes away). I presume this is the one for $1500. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll give you my cell. The one I mentioned above at quick glance a week ago looked like it might be OK. Unfortunately, with these cars you have to physically inspect them...too many rust issues that can be hidden or not. If you want a cheap project I still have a 70 914 on the side of my house with new tires and rims you can have for $300...no interior, no motor.
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Jun 30 2008, 10:27 AM
Post #4

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

I sent a PM with a link to one for sale locally...might be the same one your already looking at.
+Quote Post
fadedbluejeans59
post Jul 1 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,230
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jun 30 2008, 09:27 AM) *

I sent a PM with a link to one for sale locally...might be the same one your already looking at.

Mark,
I got your PM b4 I read your post. I may make it down this weekend, and would like to see your '70 when I come.
Jim
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 04:31 AM