Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for PPI Fresno
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fadedbluejeans59
I'm new to the 914 world, I have owned a '69 912, and it was a simple project car. I need someone local who would be willing to view a car with me who could advise me. the car i'm looking at is a '70, rather rough, but appears to be fixable. i don't weld and don't know how much rust would be acceptable. thanks, Jim
dbgriffith75
the car i'm looking at is a '70, rather rough, but appears to be fixable. i don't weld and don't know how much rust would be acceptable.

They're all fixable. It's just a matter of to what extent you're willing to spend, and how much time you have to put towards the project. biggrin.gif

If there's no one in your area that could help you out, see if the current owner will let you snap some pics of the car and then post them on the boards here. Two things to check in particular would be the hell hole and the floorboards- those seem to be the worst problem area's for 914's... or at least, that's the worst I've seen since I joined.

And by the way... welcome.png
computers4kids
QUOTE(fadedbluejeans59 @ Jun 30 2008, 08:09 AM) *

I'm new to the 914 world, I have owned a '69 912, and it was a simple project car. I need someone local who would be willing to view a car with me who could advise me. the car i'm looking at is a '70, rather rough, but appears to be fixable. i don't weld and don't know how much rust would be acceptable. thanks, Jim

welcome.png I'm in Visalia (40 minutes away). I presume this is the one for $1500. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll give you my cell. The one I mentioned above at quick glance a week ago looked like it might be OK. Unfortunately, with these cars you have to physically inspect them...too many rust issues that can be hidden or not. If you want a cheap project I still have a 70 914 on the side of my house with new tires and rims you can have for $300...no interior, no motor.
computers4kids
I sent a PM with a link to one for sale locally...might be the same one your already looking at.
fadedbluejeans59
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jun 30 2008, 09:27 AM) *

I sent a PM with a link to one for sale locally...might be the same one your already looking at.

Mark,
I got your PM b4 I read your post. I may make it down this weekend, and would like to see your '70 when I come.
Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.