Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT first time buying a car that cant be delivered for 2 months 2009 td
LarryR
post Jun 30 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,604

Well I threw in the towel today and plopped down my deposit for my 2009 vw jetta tdi. It will be my new daily driver.

You can't believe the acceleration of the new TDI's this thing barks the tires all over the place just by blipping the throttle. 0 - 60 in a somewhat respectable 6.9 seconds (not blazing fast but for a commuter...). It handles pretty nicely too. The HP is 140 but has an insane 248 lb ft of torque. It is a real blast to drive.

Since I am buying the first round I got the loyalty package car nicely equiped with leather, sunroof, alloys, heated seats etc... for 24190... I got the reflex silver with anthracite leather... I wanted white but I guess since they built all the demo cars in white that color wont be available till Oct and only the first round cars will have the loyalty package.

Here's the rub, I wont take delivery until Aug. 20. This is the first time I have ever bought a car before it was even built!! They will call me with the vin July 28 when the build is complete and ~3 weeks later it will arrive at the vw dealer.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:28 AM