Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> headlight relay, relay location
lonnie152
post Jul 3 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,372

need to replace the square headlight relay but where is it located?thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
blitZ
post Jul 3 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #2

Beer please...

Member No.: 4,719
Region Association: South East States

It should be on your fusebox panel under the dash. You have to remove the panel to get to it.
+Quote Post
lonnie152
post Jul 3 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,372

many thanks.
+Quote Post
993inNC
post Aug 22 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,676

can I rejuvenate this thread and ask which one it is? I seem to have no headlights. The lights pop up, I have side markers and rear tails (although they seem to stay on at all times if the key is switched "on"). I also have no emergency flashers or turn signals...........are they all related? I will admit I am an electrical tard. I know how to check for ground and power, check fuses and the like but I can't figure out those damn wire diagrams to save my life.
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Aug 22 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

QUOTE(993inNC @ Aug 22 2009, 02:33 PM) *

can I rejuvenate this thread and ask which one it is? I seem to have no headlights. The lights pop up, I have side markers and rear tails (although they seem to stay on at all times if the key is switched "on"). I also have no emergency flashers or turn signals...........are they all related? I will admit I am an electrical tard. I know how to check for ground and power, check fuses and the like but I can't figure out those damn wire diagrams to save my life.

sounds like you did not pull your headlight switch out all the way.. fuse box.. relays in there check them with the good ones mounted next to your headlight motors if your headlight motors work etc. turn signal/flasher relay is rectangular and the headlight is square all the rest are round ..
+Quote Post
993inNC
post Aug 23 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,676

QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Aug 22 2009, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(993inNC @ Aug 22 2009, 02:33 PM) *

sounds like you did not pull your headlight switch out all the way.. fuse box.. relays in there check them with the good ones mounted next to your headlight motors if your headlight motors work etc. turn signal/flasher relay is rectangular and the headlight is square all the rest are round ..

Actually to far! Seems that a mild touch back in and presto headlights. Still haven't figured out why I have no hazzards, turns, interior fan......fuses are all good. Do they all work off relays? My Haynes manual and owners manual are USELESS! I have some interior gauge backlights (bad bulbs I guess for the others).

I'm surprised no one puts out new wire harnesses for these cars. Like a VW bug, seems like such a needed aspect of restoration.

I HATE ELECTRIC WORK!!! Give me brakes, suspension....anything mechanical any day over 30 year old wire connections (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 08:57 AM