Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headlight relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lonnie152
need to replace the square headlight relay but where is it located?thanks.
blitZ
It should be on your fusebox panel under the dash. You have to remove the panel to get to it.
lonnie152
many thanks.
993inNC
can I rejuvenate this thread and ask which one it is? I seem to have no headlights. The lights pop up, I have side markers and rear tails (although they seem to stay on at all times if the key is switched "on"). I also have no emergency flashers or turn signals...........are they all related? I will admit I am an electrical tard. I know how to check for ground and power, check fuses and the like but I can't figure out those damn wire diagrams to save my life.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(993inNC @ Aug 22 2009, 02:33 PM) *

can I rejuvenate this thread and ask which one it is? I seem to have no headlights. The lights pop up, I have side markers and rear tails (although they seem to stay on at all times if the key is switched "on"). I also have no emergency flashers or turn signals...........are they all related? I will admit I am an electrical tard. I know how to check for ground and power, check fuses and the like but I can't figure out those damn wire diagrams to save my life.

sounds like you did not pull your headlight switch out all the way.. fuse box.. relays in there check them with the good ones mounted next to your headlight motors if your headlight motors work etc. turn signal/flasher relay is rectangular and the headlight is square all the rest are round ..
993inNC
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Aug 22 2009, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(993inNC @ Aug 22 2009, 02:33 PM) *

sounds like you did not pull your headlight switch out all the way.. fuse box.. relays in there check them with the good ones mounted next to your headlight motors if your headlight motors work etc. turn signal/flasher relay is rectangular and the headlight is square all the rest are round ..

Actually to far! Seems that a mild touch back in and presto headlights. Still haven't figured out why I have no hazzards, turns, interior fan......fuses are all good. Do they all work off relays? My Haynes manual and owners manual are USELESS! I have some interior gauge backlights (bad bulbs I guess for the others).

I'm surprised no one puts out new wire harnesses for these cars. Like a VW bug, seems like such a needed aspect of restoration.

I HATE ELECTRIC WORK!!! Give me brakes, suspension....anything mechanical any day over 30 year old wire connections headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.