Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Correct Pedrini color, what looks the best?
EJP914
post Jul 3 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 821

Painted the Pedrini's on my 73 few months ago with Wurth Silver Lacquer. I think they now look too silver / shiny. Can anyone recommend a different silver rattle can color a little darker? What might be close to the orig color? Other Pedrinis I have seen look darker with a more flat finish. Supposed to rain next 3 days. Might be good time to repaint.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jul 4 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #2

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(EJP914 @ Jul 3 2008, 07:07 PM) *

Painted the Pedrini's on my 73 few months ago with Wurth Silver Lacquer. I think they now look too silver / shiny. Can anyone recommend a different silver rattle can color a little darker? What might be close to the orig color? Other Pedrinis I have seen look darker with a more flat finish. Supposed to rain next 3 days. Might be good time to repaint.

Hmmm! I never had factory alloys on my car, so I can't speak from direct experience. But to my knowledge, 914 alloys of any variety every had paint on them. I think they were all anodized.

Pat
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Jul 4 2008, 11:11 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 4 2008, 12:55 PM) *

Hmmm! I never had factory alloys on my car, so I can't speak from direct experience. But to my knowledge, 914 alloys of any variety every had paint on them. I think they were all anodized.

Pat

Pedrinis and Mahles were painted.
Fuchs were anodized.

Color match is a big deal but hard to do!
I'll bet jamagro@juno.com can help. Magro is a member of this site. Super guy to talk to and expert on refinishing.

Paul
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Jul 4 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Pat

Hey Pat, where's that picture of your Fuchs look-alike hubcaps or whatever you used to have. Were those "anodized?"

Paul
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jul 6 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #5

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 4 2008, 11:15 AM) *

Pat

Hey Pat, where's that picture of your Fuchs look-alike hubcaps or whatever you used to have. Were those "anodized?"

Paul

Funny, Mister Biz!

I stated that I'd had no direct experience with alloys, because I know they promote global warming. Paint would have help seal them, but I was unaware.

Seriously, I DO have pictures of those hubcaps - J.C Whitney specials from 1973, but haven't had them converted from slides yet. Yes, they were anodized & actually fairly correct. Nor perfect, but as I recall I paid $20 for the set.

Pic's to follow.

Oh, and I lied. I DID have a set of empi-style allows on my 914 during the '80's. I'll see if I can dig those pics up too.
Pat
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 10:45 AM