Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> targa top, umm. quick question
rufio0205
post Jul 4 2008, 11:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,099
Region Association: South East States

i've seen the really nice painted ones on some cars and i've seen the black ones...
i dont know what is with mine but it isn't smooth like paint to the touch. it has a weird kind of texture to it...what gives?

can anyone tell me what they are made out of...where to get one resurfaced or what the deal is?
i mean i can be content if it just needs something like a spit shine

if i just need to hit it with some type of restoration magic compound let me know
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LowGT
post Jul 4 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #2

1.8 and Proud!

Member No.: 4,904
Region Association: Southwest Region

They should be black and textured. If it's smooth and painted, it's because someone did it.

I think there is a thread in the classics area about it, but I believe I've read it's just sand/fill/sand/fill/sand/fill until it's smooth and then prime and paint.

I keep mine original because I know I'll scratch the paint off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Jul 4 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #3

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

The tops are made out of fibreglass. And as posted above, they should be black and textured. I believe there are a few threads around on how to polish it up. I think Mothers Back to Black works pretty well.

+Quote Post
dw914er
post Jul 4 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #4

Planning Cities

Member No.: 8,763
Region Association: Southern California

back to black, then wash the car like a day later, and the top looks good (otherwise its too glossy). Shoe polish also works for the top and sails

they are (or should be if unmolested) black and textured, and its like some sort of plastic fiberglass.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 09:43 PM