Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V « < 21 22 23  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Steve's unending Progress thread, Air compressor setup recommendations
stephenaki
post Dec 30 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #441

Can I get this one dad??

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,987
Region Association: None

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 30 2017, 03:17 PM) *

I used this on my new buildings. Super easy to apply and you can see an immediate difference.

I've had my tractors on it and several trucks and it appears to be working as advertised.

PS104 Lithium Silicate Densifying Sealer

At some point I may add tiles for my working space for comfort and aesthetics.

Nice, I had looked at several sealers but decided that this is my man cave so I want it to look a bit nicer than just concrete. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Apr 1 2018, 02:45 PM
Post #442

Can I get this one dad??

Soooooo...a lot happened the last few weeks. We just got back from scheduled vacation today, we did a cruise to Honduras, Belize and Mexico. I start back tomorrow then on Friday, April 6th I no longer work for General Dynamics. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

No, I didn't get fired, on the contrary my boss and the rest of the team tried to keep me but after two years of banging my head against a wall I finally decided I was done. Since I already have a retirement check it's not that big a deal unlike a lot of my co-workers. I have a lot of respect for them as they put up with a lot but, I don't have to.

I'll take some time off to get the garage finished off and I already have an offer from one of our suppliers to be a consultant for them which is I think the road I will go down. I also have a former subordinate of mine who is now retired and running his families coffee farm in Nicaragua who is interested in having me work with him to start doing some strategic messaging and social media outreach for his business. He was my top lieutenant out of the ones I had as a commander and we have stayed in touch throughout the years so I am excited at the chance to work with him again.

Hopefully I can finally start back up on the Teener as well as the MG and get these suckers back on the road! I couldn't do it at GD, I spent an ungodly amount of time at work and on the road. I learned a lot but I had less stress going into combat than I did running the Tactical Vehicle Program I was in charge of! Now I need to go and schedule a doc's appointment to figure out why my thumb and two fingers next to it keep going numb and tingly. I would wager 30 years of service contributed to whatever is causing this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Apr 2 2018, 08:10 AM
Post #443

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

congrats on the re-retirement! -
fyi you numbness pattern in 1,2.3 fingers is C6 and C7 - it could be peripheral-pronation syndrome(entrapment of the nerve in the forearm) or lower neck- cervical stenosis from disc and joint degeneration is possible but it crosses 2 nerve levels so if your having symptoms in all 3 fingers its possible its multi-level involvement - x-rays and CT or MRI - most GP's will just refer to neurologist, which is probably the way to go if its coming from the neck- good luck, hope its just nerve irritation-
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Apr 2 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #444

Can I get this one dad??

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Apr 2 2018, 06:10 AM) *

congrats on the re-retirement! -
fyi you numbness pattern in 1,2.3 fingers is C6 and C7 - it could be peripheral-pronation syndrome(entrapment of the nerve in the forearm) or lower neck- cervical stenosis from disc and joint degeneration is possible but it crosses 2 nerve levels so if your having symptoms in all 3 fingers its possible its multi-level involvement - x-rays and CT or MRI - most GP's will just refer to neurologist, which is probably the way to go if its coming from the neck- good luck, hope its just nerve irritation-

We shall see, I have an appointment on Thursday and will probably get referred out. Hopefully it is an easy fix but ya never know. Met a fellow vet at the dog park a couple of weeks ago with the same thing and he said something similar to what you are saying but a lot less technical.
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Apr 9 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #445

Can I get this one dad??

Alright, alright alright... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) breaker box and wiring is in from shop to transformer. Inspection is scheduled for Wednesday then I can have Florida Power and Light hook up the wiring and I will have power to the workshop. WOOHOO!

First order of business will be to wire up the lift once I have power. I plan on finishing up the cross members and getting the drywall up hopefully by the end of the week so I can start running conduit and wire to the breaker box. My goal is to have the shop completely wired up by the end of the month.

Since I am no longer working my ass off and traveling I should be able to get it all done then, I can start on the cars! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Jun 13 2018, 08:42 AM
Post #446

Can I get this one dad??

Soooo...I've been a bit busy with the workshop and finally got all the wiring done and it passed inspection. I have the plumber coming out today to give me a quote on plumbing a bathroom and sink. All the walls are painted, J-trim is in place on the drywall and I put in a 4" vinyl wall base that I sealed with silicone to keep water out. Here is a small snapshot of what it looks like, I'm putting things away now and organizing.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/image.ibb.co-7987-1528900961.1.jpg)

So here is my question for those in the know, I need to plan the air compressor system, I plan on running a line from one end to the other and on each side and a ceiling drop near the lift. All in all about 150 feet of line will be needed. Copper seems the way to go but I also saw some info on Rapid Air. Anyone have any recommendations on this?
+Quote Post
914forme
post Jun 13 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #447

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

I'm old school did it all in copper.

Iron pipe can also be used. Don't forget to put drop legs in it, and have it slope to allow condensation to drain out of the system and collect in the drops.

Also run one by the garage doors, and along the walls. Air is a great resource to have at hand. One by the door has 50 feet of hose on it. Wish it was 100 ft as 50 can be a stretch on a truck and trailer combo.

What no 220v for your compressor?
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Jun 13 2018, 01:10 PM
Post #448

Can I get this one dad??

QUOTE(914forme @ Jun 13 2018, 08:30 AM) *

I'm old school did it all in copper.

Iron pipe can also be used. Don't forget to put drop legs in it, and have it slope to allow condensation to drain out of the system and collect in the drops.

Also run one by the garage doors, and along the walls. Air is a great resource to have at hand. One by the door has 50 feet of hose on it. Wish it was 100 ft as 50 can be a stretch on a truck and trailer combo.

What no 220v for your compressor?

I may have to hit you up on the fittings needed. The plug in the picture is for the compressor and it is 220v. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I also have a 220v drop center of the shop in the rear for the welder.

I plan on putting four drops on the back wall, two on each side wall and one from the ceiling near the lift connected to a retractable air hose. Did you run 1/2" or 3/4" pipe? For the distance I am covering I think the recommendation is 3/4" pipe.
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Jun 18 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #449

Can I get this one dad??

OK, finally done. Well, with the exception of the air system but I will get that done later. I can now start working on the cars, first up will be the MG then I'll tackle the Teener.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/image.ibb.co-7987-1529357226.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/image.ibb.co-7987-1529357227.2.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/image.ibb.co-7987-1529357228.3.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/image.ibb.co-7987-1529357228.4.jpg)

I will start with the wiring harness as it needs to be cleaned up and re-wrapped. Then I need to lay some heat matting before I put the harness into the vehicle. Lets see how quickly I can get things done! Helps that I'm retired and have nothing better to do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 18 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #450

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Looks awesome. Congrats!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jun 18 2018, 05:28 PM
Post #451

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

that is really looking sharp!!
LOTs of space to clutter up- btw hows the hand numbness? hope its resolved
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Jun 18 2018, 05:49 PM
Post #452

Can I get this one dad??

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jun 18 2018, 03:28 PM) *

that is really looking sharp!!
LOTs of space to clutter up- btw hows the hand numbness? hope its resolved

Still working it, had an MRI but I need to follow up on the results. It is still there, some days are better than others.

+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Sep 22 2018, 03:37 PM
Post #453

Can I get this one dad??

WOOHOO! Had a blast at Okteenerfest even if I was sweating my ass off helping with cars. Too bad mine couldn't make it. I don't know if I will make it next year but I am gonna try a bit harder to get there. I did start plumbing the airlines for the compressor system so when I get that done it will be a big help.

Nothing like sweating copper to remind you about heat control! I was nervous about soldering the pipes against the wall when I stepped over some left over heat mat for the MG and had the idea of tacking it up behind the joint I was soldering to protect the wall. Worked quite well! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

First two pics are of the pipes being prepped and readied for soldering.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/image.ibb.co-7987-1537652225.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/image.ibb.co-7987-1537652226.2.jpg)

Soldered "T" joint for the second drop.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/image.ibb.co-7987-1537652227.3.jpg)

One side wall completed.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/image.ibb.co-7987-1537652227.4.jpg)
This is the far side wall, I have a regulator and dual filter/dryer in place as the last drop will be for paint equipment hookup. I am working my way backwards from the last drop to the air compressor. The back wall will have three drops and is 50 feet long so will be a long run.

The wall with the compressor will only be one drop but there will be a leg that goes up to the ceiling where I will have a retractable hose and reel hooked up. That one should be fun. Once it is all together I will check for leaks and re-solder any joints that I didn't get done correctly. Fun, fun fun... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 21 22 23
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:34 AM